QA - Lab Technician
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY:The
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician will be responsible for
providing quality microbiological, chemical and physical analysis
on all egg products made at Michael Foods Inc.DUTIES AND
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and standard operating
- Follow all written laboratory standard operating
- Follow all SQF, USDA, and FDA regulations.
- Communicate with supervisor concerning all test results.
- All techs must be trustworthy, reliable, organized, accurate
- Data entry into Microsoft Office, Access, Excel, and Word to
maintain all results.
- Inventory of all laboratory supplies.
- Calibrate, monitor and maintain all laboratory equipment.
- Work with autoclave/hazardous materials.
- Work with hazardous chemical materials.
- Handle live bacterial cultures and pathogens.
- Send out samples to third party laboratories.
- Pass AOAC and USDA check sample sets and audits.
- Keep workspace organized/neat and clean.
- Work Holidays and Weekends as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:High school diploma or general education degree
(GED) or equivalent. PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2-3 years working in Laboratory or Food Processing Plant
- 2 or 4 year Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or
- Exhibits an understanding of basic Algebra.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure/manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors
or employees of the organization.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work safely with chemicals
- Must have the ability to relate to management and
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be well-organized, able to plan and prioritize activities,
and make good product judgment.
- Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , QA - Lab Technician, Professions , Beemer, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!