Lead Decision Support Analyst
Company: Children's Hospital (Omaha)
Posted on: November 23, 2019
Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and
hiring a Lead Decision Support Analyst to serve as the process
leader of decision support systems and processes to ensure its
development and usage is at maximum capacity to best facilitate the
organization in meeting its strategic goals and position to thrive
in a value-based future.
% of Time 85%
Defines operational standards for cost accounting and decision
support processes, organizes Cost Accounting activities to achieve
optimum service delivery. Holds self-accountable to meet stated
objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables and commitments, adhering
to standards even in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Monitors the activities and tasks within the System and ensures
timeliness and accuracy of reports
- Is able to support strategic goals and risk based payment
models/ACOs which will allow costs to be analyzed across the entire
continuum of care; hospital, physician practices, home health,
- Provides education and support to Finance leaders and analysts
in the development of costing standards.
- Collaborates with Information Technology, Business
Intelligence, Revenue Cycle and Performance Improvement to provide
financial analysis and recommendations to support setting rates and
risk sharing parameters.
- Responsible for the oversight of defining and reporting on key
patient populations or high dollar patients.
- Collaborates with Finance leaders to create meaningful service
line dashboards to help leaders manage growth, efficiency,
readmissions, patient satisfaction, market penetration and
quality/compliance in their specific area with drill down
- Develops a means to identify the cost of harm when adverse
outcomes occur and evaluate the differences in care delivery costs
- Presents findings of analyses of specific strategic and
operational issues as requested.
- Serves as liaison with other children's hospitals, local
hospitals and professional organizations to gather and exchange
information and keep abreast of changes in health care.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature
and attending seminars to develop business intelligence which can
be used to support strategic operations.
- Assists in the implementation and execution of business plans
and activities for the department. May assist in the development of
- Understands resource availability that impacts service levels
and makes recommendations to leader regarding the team's ability to
- Analyzes processes and procedures and makes recommendations
and/or decisions on guidelines for daily processes/activities
within department. May recommend policy changes related to the
department. Assists with the implementation new or revised
policies, processes, and procedures within the work area.
- Applies business and management expertise to identify
problems/opportunities, determine solutions, and measure
- Ensures compliance with quality assurance, safety practices,
policies, regulatory, and legal requirements.
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical
Requirements section SECONDARY FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of systems theory and ability to apply it to
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills, do strategic
planning and project management.
- High sense of purpose and urgency and strong analytical
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and identify priorities in
a fast-paced, highly visible environment.
- Strong people skills; ability to build relationships;
collaborative and approachable.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Demonstrated experience teaching, mentoring and developing
skills sets, where appropriate.
- Ability to take complex analytical data from diverse sources
and synthesize it in reportable, professional and understandable
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills in order
to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare administration,
finance, accounting or related field required.
- Minimum of five years of business experience in finance,
financial analysis, data analysis and modeling in a healthcare
setting required, including expert knowledge of healthcare
reimbursement and costing methodologies, service line profitability
and physician revenue modeling.
Keywords: Children's Hospital (Omaha), Sioux City , Lead Decision Support Analyst, Professions , Omaha, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!