Maintenance Technician - Millwright
Company: CF Industries
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: March 14, 2019
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
The maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant safely, correctly, and efficiently. The technicians meet this responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard maintenance procedures and techniques. The maintenance technician will work a traditional 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday with some overtime and call outs. The company will offer training to the level of Maintenance Technician V through practical on the job training and offsite technical seminars
Key Job Elements:
1. Install and maintain machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
2. Maintain plant equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, piping, etc.) to precisely stated specifications. This includes installation and disassembly of new or replacement equipment and the ability to troubleshoot or diagnose problems.
3. The technician will insure safety by maintaining a clean work area and shop and also cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
4. Perform diagnostic and preventive maintenance tasks on bearings, pumps, gearboxes, compressors, and turbines.
5. Demonstrate competency in diagnostic and trouble shooting skills.
6. Perform shaft alignment using dial indicators, or electronic alignment equipment.
7. Read and understand repair manuals, order replacement parts, and apply manufacturer's equipment specifications.
8. Perform safe rigging and lifting tasks.
9. Work involves climbing ladders, stairs and use of safety harnesses. Additionally, working out of man lifts or man baskets is required.
10. The position requires coordination of activities with those of others and after developing experience, trains other technicians.
11. The technician needs to be able to follow instructions and procedures, but also work independently.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college education preferred.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships with maintenance and operations personnel.
3. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders, stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
4. The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on weekends, nights and holidays.
5. Basic computer knowledge
CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Maintenance Technician - Millwright, Professions , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!