Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)
Company: Sigma Inc
Posted on: March 18, 2023
245256 - Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) - Winnebago, NE -
16 Weeks Contract
Sigma Healthcare staffing is currently looking for MT/MLT to work
onsite in Winnebago, NE.
EMR Used: - -RPMS
Shift : -07:00-19:30 7 on 7 off Holidays and Weekends needed
Essential Job Functional Competencies:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
service/care appropriate to the age of the patients served, in
accordance with Twelve Clans Unity Hospital standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and
local laws and regulations, the Corporate Compliance Program, the
Code of Ethics, and all other departmental policies and
Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to:
a.The Winnebago Comprehensive Healthcare System's Standards of -
Conduct and Organizational Integrity Program policies, particularly
those related to specific job duties.
b.The systems in place to report Organizational Integrity issues
and concerns, including the Webcident portal.
- Adheres to established policy and procedure when performing
laboratory testing, quality control, and verifying and reporting
- Is proficient in computer operation and LIS procedures.
Demonstrates general working knowledge of computers and department
specific software (i.e.RPMS/EHR, Word, Excel, etc).
- Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual problems such as
unacceptable specimens, equipment malfunctions and quality control
aberrations, in accordance with section policy or
- Is skilled in Specimen Acquisition.
- Follows protocol related to Critical Values or reporting
notations. Contacts appropriate healthcare providers/personnel with
regard to results and for clarification of requests or other
routine problems regarding specimens and/or test requests.
- Recognizes and communicates issues/occurrences utilizing
established lines of authority, and assists in identifying ways to
resolve variances or unacceptable outcomes.
- Calibrates and operates laboratory equipment used in
performance of the tests pertinent to the section to which
assigned. Is competent to calibrate instruments and perform
correlation studies on new lots of reagents.
- Prepares standards, reagents and other materials used in
- -Participates in API Proficiency Testing.
Complies with Safety and Infection Control Policies and
a.Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment when working with
Bio-hazardous materials. Maintains a clean, safe work environment
at all times.
b.Adheres to Laboratory Safety SOP related to spills and/or
c.Is knowledgeable of and actively participates in improving
patient safety and reducing risk to patients
Participates in departmental Performance Improvement, Quality
Assurance, and Continuing Education initiatives -Actively
participates in department meetings, committees, conferences, and
- Strives to be a good steward of reagents, supplies, and
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to clients,
- WCHS business, and adheres to HIPAA standards
- Consistently demonstrates service excellence and team building
- -Actively participates in the training, orientation, and
education of staff
- -Is able to direct a code, when applicable to assigned
- Assists LIS Laboratory Package expert with design and
validation of new and/or revised test development in the laboratory
- - -Is capable of troubleshooting routine instrument problems
and contacting technical support to resolve issues.
- Actively participates in internal accreditation/inspection
preparation and processes (CLIA,
- CMS, etc)
- -Reviews daily QC documentation, troubleshoots and reports
shifts, trends, or abnormal outcomes to the appropriate lab
- -Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Values and Behavioral Competencies:
- We acknowledge that the ultimate success of Winnebago
Comprehensive Healthcare System may rest upon the service and
quality of care we provide our patients, guests and co-workers. -
Identified here are the competencies required of all employees at
Twelve Clans Unity Hospital Laboratory. These competencies reflect
the WCHS values.
- Strives to exceed the needs and expectations of every patient,
guest and co-worker.
- Makes all patients, guests, and employees feel welcome and
accepted, speaks with everyone encountered, utilizes good eye
contact along with a smile.
- Introduces self to others and uses their names whenever
- Is positive and affirming to others.
- Offers assistance to personally escort patients and guests to
their destinations and introduces them to a contact person,
regardless of whose department it is.
- Speaks highly of Twelve Clans Unity Hospital and co-workers to
others, including patients.
- Takes ownership of negative situations to turn them into
- Does whatever is necessary to avoid ignoring, insulting, or
offending others and does not argue with, is not rude, or
condescending with any patient or guest.
- Treats patients, guests and co-workers in the way he/she would
like to be treated.
- Keeps personal issues separate from professional
- Offers suggestions for areas of improvement and assumes
responsibility for continually improving performance.
- Seeks ways to conserve or more effectively use supplies,
materials and labor hours.
- Maintains a safe environment and observes good safety
- Demonstrates appropriate and professional phone, electronic and
other communication etiquette.
- Respects the organization's and each individual's rights of
privacy, confidentiality and security.
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Sioux City , Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT), Professions , Winnebago, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...