Multi Unit Maintenance Supervisor - Project Management
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Business Unit Overview: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc's. Norfolk, Nebraska
location is northwest of Omaha. The area is known for their
manufacturing, farming (both livestock and grain), education,
retailing, and wholesaling. Well-known as the home of Johnny
Carson. Our location produces powdered and dehydrated meat and
poultry products, for use in products such as seasonings, soups,
and instant meals. Responsibilities: DUTIES AND
- Promote, and foster Michael Foods culture, values and
- Full ownership and oversight of asset care teams and programs
at both facilities.
- Full ownership for safe / on-budget execution of locally owned
- Will act as the FM Global Property Protection point person for
- Must observe and practice all Department/Plant Procedures
including wearing the required PPE.
- Ability to conduct investigation, and report communications
accurately of all incidents and work-related injuries.
- Take an active leadership role on an EHS Safety Team, ensure
adherence to EHS policies and procedures, and maintain relevant
knowledge of EHS issues.
- Ensure that employees are equipped with the information,
instruction, training and supervision that they need to work safely
and abide by all relevant health & safety procedures, particularly
those relating to operation of Plant & Equipment.
- Identify, assess if necessary, and control hazards within area
- Encourage early reporting of incidents and follow through of
- Assist with initiating an early return to work on suitable
duties after a workplace injury.
- Disseminate EHS information to all employees.
- Develop safe work procedures as required and ensure adherence
- Provide PPE as required and ensure employees are aware of
correct usage and storage requirements.
- Ensure all Plant & Equipment is properly maintained.
- Act as a role model by demonstrating safe work behaviors.
- Transforming organization from reactive organization to a
proactive organization by utilizing Michael Foods Inc. (MFI)
Reliable Manufacturing Strategy as defined and provides inputs to
improve the overall company's strategical plan.
- Participate in acquiring talent within maintenance
organization. Includes interviewing, recruiting, selection for
salaried and hourly team members. Actively support recruiting
events and talent pipeline efforts through Michael Foods Business
Sponsorship Program and Operations Internship Program.
- Partner with Quality and Production to resolve
production-related and vendor-related issues.
- Implement and utilize CMMS to support maintenance
functionality, includes reviewing and prioritizing work requests,
work orders from Shift Technicians and work order results
- Utilize internal-plant maintenance team and corporate
reliability team to define lubrication, predictive, preventive and
precision maintenance strategies at asset level to drive
- Core Competencies
- Leadership - Lead department team members to ensure quality,
delivery and cost are continuously being improved to achieve
company objectives. Engage and develop the asset care teams at each
facility to deliver expected levels of reliability. As part of the
greater leadership team, be an active member who contributes to the
advancement of the culture.
- Prioritization - Ability to balance Maintenance (tactical and
strategic) initiatives that align with Plant business
- Communication - Ability to communicate and partner with outside
providers to prepare, track and complete projects as planned.
- Partnership - Ability to coordinate and partner with corporate
stakeholder groups to build and maintain programs and processes
consistent with MFI standards.
- Project Management - Ability to coordinate and deliver multiple
projects at both sites safely and efficiently.
- Financial Acumen - Demonstrate budgetary awareness and
ownership to delivery business plan.
- Continuous Improvement - Demonstrate the ability to use data to
set the priorities and actions for those you lead as well as the
greater organization. Demonstrated ability to appropriately deploy
core LEAN and Statistical methodologies will be consisted a
- Goal Setting - Ability to use SMART goals to engage the greater
team to deliver desired results.
- Reasoning - Ability to use available inputs to deduce logical
next steps. Qualifications: EDUCATION:
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education,
training and/or experience.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or board of directors. EXPERIENCE:Minimum of 3
years of proven leadership or supervisory experience in industrial
operations, project management and / or maintenance or utilities
operations is preferred
- Ability to diagnose and repair of all mechanical power
transmission equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, process
pumps, control valves, sensors, positioners, actuators, manifolds,
vacuum systems, air filtration, lubrication devices and basic
electrical AC/DC Troubleshooting and related system.
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping
- Experience in the installation, diagnosing and repairing
mechanical equipment through troubleshooting required. Electrical
troubleshooting is a plus.
- Skilled or Knowledge in welding, sanitary welding, pipe
fitting, soldering, rigging application and use of mechanical
tools, hand tools, and power tools.
- Skilled or Knowledge in machine shop to fabricate within
specific tolerance using various measuring equipment Vernier,
calipers, and depth gauges etc.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA
70E is preferred.
- Skilled at project scoping, management and execution including
external contractor coordination.
- Experience or knowledge of personal/process control computers,
programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices a
plus. Allen Bradley experiences a plus.LANGUAGE SKILLS:Good
oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present
information in both one-on-one and small group situations.OTHER
SKILLS, ABILITIES and REQUIREMENTS:Specific skills and abilities
required that are not included in other sections:
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and CMMS System (Preferably
- Ability to travel between facilities regularly. Travel will
occasionally be required within the greater organization as defined
by the business needs.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to endure daily excessive walking, standing, crouching,
lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Sioux City , Multi Unit Maintenance Supervisor - Project Management, Professions , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!