Patient Care Technician - Full-Time
Company: Palo Alto County Health System
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout Emmetsburg:Emmetsburg is an active
community, located in the northwest corner of Iowa. We take pride
in our relaxed atmosphere and family oriented lifestyle. Emmetsburg
is a small town of approximately 3,800 people. It is small enough
that you can get to know your neighbors, but large enough to offer
almost everything you want or need. Located at the intersection of
Highways 4 & 18 in Palo Alto County, it provides easy access to
neighboring cities.Emmetsburg is well known for its excellent
school system and athletic teams, including Emmetsburg Community
Schools, Emmetsburg Catholic School, and Iowa Lakes Community
College.Five Island Lake is a popular tourist destination where
people can enjoy boating, fishing and swimming. Smith Wellness
Center, located at the Iowa Lakes Community College Campus, offers
various recreational activities for the young and the old.Those
whom are interested in Emmetsburg, whether it be a short stay or a
permanent relocation, will find it to be a warm, inviting
community.About PACHS:Palo Alto County Health System (PACHS) is a
not-for-profit county owned entity that operates for one purpose:
to serve your wellness and "Lifecare" needs with respect and
compassion. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities we serve by
improving healthcare services, buying new technologies, upgrading
facilities, and making sure that care is available to everyone '
regardless of their ability to pay. Profits are not distributed to
shareholders, as they would be in the case of a for-profit
- Working to improve the health of our communities. Compassion is
the foundation for all that we do. Patients and their families are
treated as people first, which means compassion, dignity, and
respect are at the core of any treatment program. It also means
that when someone is treated at one of our facilities, the needs of
the whole person ' body, mind, and spirit ' are what matters >
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as
programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health
education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the
elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.PACHS
provides a full continuum of primary and specialty health care from
the birth of a new family member, to end of life care for residents
of our communities. The main entities of PACHS include:
- Palo Alto County Hospital- 25 inpatient bed Critical Access
- Family Practice Clinicsin Emmetsburg, Graettinger and West
- PARC Halla long term care facility
- Willow Ridge, Independent senior living apartments
- Community Health Services
- Home Health Service
- Hospice of Palo Alto County
- Public Health Department for Palo Alto County
- Palo Alto County Emergency Medical ServicesPACHS is a member of
the MercyOne Network, which offers opportunities for recruitment,
training, education and networking and provides our community
members a 20,000 person support team. Your Best Life, Our One
purpose. The MercyOne Network encircles you with the regions
highest-rated services and more locations and personalized care for
you and your family. Click Here to learn more about the Power of
One within the MercyOne Network https://www.mercyone.org/circle/Job
Summary:The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) will provide assistance
with clerical and clinical activities under the direction and
supervision of the RN, provides basic patient care and helps
coordinate the needs of the nursing unit including answering the
phone/call lights, assisting with ADL's, and helping with errands
on and off the unit. Clerical work will be conducted when clinical
work is not being completed. The intention is to minimize clerical
functions for other personal to maximize their other rules, thus
improving patient flow and satisfaction, under the RN's
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must have active Iowa Certified Nursing Assistant
- Completes Dependent/Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting within 6
months of hire.
- Renews Dependent/Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting requirement
every 5 years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, hearing and
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to deal
with diverse audiences.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment
by support technology and process changes.
- Must be comfortable using excel, and word
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate
residents and meet requirements of the job.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing health care environment
by supporting technology and process changes.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Palo Alto County Health System, Sioux City , Patient Care Technician - Full-Time, Professions , Emmetsburg, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!