Parts Shipping Material Handler - Day Shift $$ Sig
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job DescriptionBasic Function - Material HandlerAstec - Yankton
(formerly Kolberg Pioneer) has a Material Handler opening on the
Weekend Shift for the Parts Shipping Department. This Material
Handler is expected, to accurately and efficiently pack and ship
all parts for Parts Sales orders on time. This position will work
Monday - Friday.Primary Duties and Responsibilities - Material
- Gather, verify, inspect all parts by sales order after delivery
- Safely utilize large equipment as needed to gather parts.
- Deliver parts in an organized fashion to the packing
- Pack parts per requirements for LTL shipping.
- Assist with shipping documents when backlog occurs, as
necessary. Will be the back up to the shipping clerk when
- Assist with general parts room tasks if assigned.Qualifications
and Essential Functions - Material HandlerTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate good oral and
written communication skills.
- Perform work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to
industrial noise, fumes, smoke, etc.
- Ability to climb stairs and maneuver in congested, heavy
- Perform work standing on concrete up to 12 hours per day.
- Willingness to train and work during hours outside of regularly
scheduled core shift.
- Regular and reliable attendance is a requirement.
- Perform work safely in accordance with all company safety
policies, procedures, and following all personal protective
equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Perform work in various physical positions, including standing,
kneeling, squatting, bending, and reaching.
- Ability to wear the PPE required for this position, including
but not limited to, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety
boots with metatarsal guards, gloves.
- Primary work assignment will require employees to be able to
frequently push/pull/lift up to 45 pounds. Employees may
occasionally push/pull/lift greater than 45 pounds if they are
physically able to safely do so. Employees are encouraged to use
caution at all times when pushing/pulling/lifting, and should never
lift more than they are physically capable of doing.
- Operate an assortment of forklifts and heavy machinery.
- Ability to use and operate a variety of hand tools and
- Ability to understand printed and instructional material for
guidance and specifications in order to locate and identify parts
- Working knowledge of computers necessary, in order to
efficiently create shipping documents and save.
- Must complete and maintain forklift operation certification and
be able to safely operate a forklift when necessary.
- Must be dependable, dedicated to getting the job done
correctly, and use time wisely.
- Adept at problem solving and adaptable to new situations and
- Ability to handle the stress that accompanies the need to meet
deadlines.Education and Experience
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening,
physical, and background check, and random drug and /or alcohol
screenings throughout employment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Forklift operation experience desired.
- Computer experience required. This description is intended as a
guide only. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of
the incumbent's supervisor.
Keywords: Astec, Sioux City , Parts Shipping Material Handler - Day Shift $$ Sig, Professions , Yankton, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!