Plant Operations Manager
Company: Oculus Search Partners
Posted on: June 23, 2022
*Plant Operations Manager*
Our Spencer, IA Food Manufacturing client is looking to hire a
Plant Operations Manager. The Plant Operations Manager is
responsible for providing leadership in the production operations
at the facility by overseeing and monitoring all operations,
equipment, functions, and employees working all the departments.
The Manager will champion an environment of respect and
responsibility through professional communication, accountability,
budget consciousness, team work, quality, safety and security.
* Maintain accurate and complete production records and charts.
* Play an active role to inspect, review, and follow up on all
plant and department audits.
* Drive continuous improvement for the plant's SQF Level 2 program
while serving as backup SQF practitioner.
* Leads and guides all quality, GMP, and food safety policies and
procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
* Must have a working knowledge of all equipment and processes and
procedures to reduce downtime, reduce costs, and increase
efficiency while meeting production deadlines.
* Continually work with the department supervisors to reduce
* Works within approved budget while developing and implementing
cost saving measures which will contribute to overall profits and
revenue to the organization.
* Understands business implications of decisions while displaying
an orientation to profitability.
* Implement, and enforce SOP's for each piece of equipment and all
* Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of plant operations.
* Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and
* Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapts
strategy to changing conditions.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED),
* Bachelor's degree in food science, manufacturing or similar areas
* 5+ years experience in food, beverage or dairy production,
manufacturing, industrial process operations or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
* *Dairy or Cheese background is Required!*
* Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements
* 3 years of supervisory experience required.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and
* Experience with Oracle ERP or other ERP systems is preferred.
* Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is
Keywords: Oculus Search Partners, Sioux City , Plant Operations Manager, Professions , Spencer, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!