Certified Medication Technician
Company: Charter Senior Living of Northpark Place
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Iowa Certified Medication Technician
Why Charter Senior Living? "I believe in the Charter Mission. To
Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for
our residents. They may need extra help throughout the day, but I
know during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. I feel
honored to make such a difference in someone's life!: -Charter
Senior Living Associate
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time AssociatesCharter
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100
per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job". We want each of our associates to feel like they have a
career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how
you can become part of an organization that is committed to the
future of their Associates.POSITION SUMMARYThe Medication Tech is
responsible for all duties in relation to safely administering
medications and treatments to the residents. This position requires
legible, accurate documentation on the medication record and in the
resident chart. It also requires a responsible demeanor in order
for the resident population to have confidence in your ability to
administer medications and treatments.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers the medications and treatments, according to the
scheduled times, following the medication administration protocol.
- Understands and appropriately documents on the 24-hour
- Notifies Resident Care Coordinator /Executive Director/HSD of
resident changes of condition.
- Assists with monthly medication records as needed and assists
with cycle fill or re-ordering of medications.
- Timely notify the pharmacy of any discrepancies, as well as
understands and returns medications for credit as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Medication
room and medication cart.
- Has knowledge of, and can demonstrate proper technique, or can
learn how to assist with: a gait belt, sit to stand lift, transfer
board, oxygen equipment, C-Pap, Nebulizer, catheter, specimen,
transfer pole, trapeze, wheelchair, scale, and other equipment as
directed by the Resident Care Coordinator/HSD.
- Capable of taking accurate vital signs and weights.
- Accurately completes an incident report and begins the
investigation of the incident.
- Notifies family, MD, resident, and management if incidents or
errors occur while on shift.UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS
- Exposure to blood/body fluid likely.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to easily lift and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to
stand, walk, stoop and/or bend for periods of up to eight hours
with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.OTHER
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly
population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Preferred proficiency in English. Attends in-services monthly
required for the position. Receives and maintains CPR
- All applicants are required to pass a criminal background
check.Charter is an equal opportunity employer.JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Charter Senior Living of Northpark Place, Sioux City , Certified Medication Technician, Professions , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!