PLC Specialist (2nd Shift)
Company: The Judge Group, Inc.
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Location: Sioux City, IA Salary: $34 to $38 per hour +O.T. = $98K
to $105K p/year Description: Our client, a top company in the Food
Industry, is currently seeking a Automation Specialist for 2nd
Shift at their plant in Sioux City, Iowa
What they will provide:
- Excellent pay ($34 to $38 per hour +plenty of O.T. opportunity
= $98K to $105K p/year)
- Excellent benefits
- Company will provide relocation assistance
- Opportunity to work with State-of-the-Art technology
What you will be doing:
- Hours are 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM (Mon thru Fri)
- Responsible for all PLC and HMI programing for the plant;
Configure and Program-PLC's using ladder logic with RS Logix 5000,
RS Studio 5000, RS Logics 500 software and Visio basics and factory
talk ME and SE, EZ-touch software and any other controls software
- Incorporate and help maintain other equipment such as VFD's,
flow meters, valve banks or any other devices tied into a PLC.
- Assist with all aspects of the IT/Automation Department
including determining needs and locations of cabling, wiring, power
supplies, motor control centers, PLCs, etc. to meet the needs of
each department and area in the facility.
- Maintain all SE server equipment for the plant dashboard which
includes FT Directory, engineering workstation, both HMI servers
and both Data servers and all RDP clients.
- Responsible for all security updates and patches. Will manage
all security groups for different access in the system.
- Maintains all automation switches and other network equipment
(fiber, copper connections, battery backups).
- Maintain the Win911 system
- Maintain and support the multiple Wonder Ware Systems in the
plant (Rendering, Wastewater, Refrigeration).
- Maintains, designs and implements new plc control systems.
- Will update electrical prints when changes are made.
- Will support Maintenance when needed.
- Aid in ensuring specifications for electric and IT
infrastructure needs are met.
- Create and schedule batch jobs/workflows.
- Troubleshoot processing problems and resubmit jobs as necessary
and/or escalates the problem.
- Review history report trending on automated equipment.
- Resolves connectivity issues for factory users and
- Administers access and application security
- Analyzes application performance deadlines.
- Assists with the development scheduling resolution/analysis
skills and software knowledge.
- Work cross-functionally with database administrators,
LINUX/Windows system administrators and other teams to diagnose
complex problems and drive resolution.
- Apply application patches and perform upgrades of applications
- Configure, install, and maintain connectivity with host
computer devices. This includes understanding production lines,
controllers, and device configurations.
- Diagnose system issues and develop ways to prevent downtime by
developing strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of
plant, personnel, and production processes.
- Arrange procurement of software, hardware, or components for
use in special projects for the repair or installation of
What you need to have:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent a must (College Degree
- 3+ years of hands on experience as an PLC Technician, Controls
Technician, or Automation Technician (Food Processing Industry
- Experience with programming Allen Bradley PLC's and HMI's.
- Experience with HMI Software (RSView32/SE, Intellution
Fix32/iFix, Wonderware InTouch/AppServer, WinCC)
- Working knowledge of process control servers
- Must have experience with configuring wiring, cabling, servers,
computers, and equipment.
- Ethernet communication knowledge required.
- Experience with 24v and 120v control power actuating 480v
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in
English (Bilingual skills a plus).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management and employees using plant systems.
- Ability to use computers and all standard programs used by the
industry and the ability to learn and effectively use any and all
other computer programs that are or will be made available.
- Relevant Certification a plus.
Send resume to email@example.com
Keywords: The Judge Group, Inc., Sioux City , PLC Specialist (2nd Shift), Professions , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!