Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: The
forklift operator is responsible for safely transporting product
and materials within the plant; and other duties as assigned. This
position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at
all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core
Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities,
related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with
uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes the forklift check list before beginning operation of
- Maintenance work must be done immediately, if major problems
arise, contact the supervisor.
- Assists in setting up the processing area.
- Assists in ensuring proper egg rotation to maintain up-to-date
inventory and usage.
- Transports products and materials to and from the production
- Assists in the cleanup of the production area.
- Responsible for helping loaders when needed (plant).
- Accountable for notifying the supervisor if there is any damage
to the product or materials.
- Assists production with labeling, packing, placing pails, and
placing finished product into pails and boxes.
- Makes sure the materials are clean and sanitized before sending
them to producers.
- Follows proper SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adheres to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
equivalent.PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a company forklift license.
Experience with forklift preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in
English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or
employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to safely lift and carry 50lbs.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and
descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and reach.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Forklift Operator, Professions , Bancroft, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!