Company: CF Industries
Location: Sergeant Bluff
Posted on: April 9, 2021
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into
nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen
we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the
crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions
from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class
manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we
serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a
part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every
12 Hour, AH21A Production & Shipping
1. The production technician (operator) is responsible for
processing raw material into marketable, on-spec product by
operating plant equipment and controlling the chemical process in a
safe and efficient manner. Progression in this role is defined by
the incumbent's job knowledge and performance. Position development
requires that the job in each area of the plant be learned and
personnel safety is not threatened.
2. Takes responsibility for personal safety and the safety of
co-workers, including maintenance and contract personnel within
their assigned areas. Before any piece of equipment is released to
maintenance, it is thoroughly checked to insure it is safe to be
worked on. Production technicians also have emergency response
duties in the event of a fire, explosion, leaks, and other
3. Ability to give or receive functional guidance or training with
other production technicians.
4. Ability to recommend and adapt to changes as changes are made in
equipment, procedures, or technique to improve efficiency,
mechanical reliability, and process and personnel safety with a
willingness to learn and develop within the tech levels.
5. Maintain clean, clutter-free and safe housekeeping.
6. Manufacture product to meet precise specifications which demands
7. Understand the relationships between instrument readings and
8. Close observation, alertness and sensitivity to unusual events
9. A thorough understanding of the function of each piece of
equipment in the job area; what it does, how it does it, and why;
and be prepared to react correctly during upset operating
conditions, and to perform the job safely and efficiently.
1. Develop a thorough understanding of the equipment, the process,
and the interdependence of sections of the plant.
2. Assure that the process is operated in a safe manner and that
appropriate corrective action is taken as needed.
3. Operation of valves, and/or instruments to adjust fluid levels,
flows, temperatures, pressures, speed of equipment, and
starting/stopping of mechanical equipment.
4. Operator makes the necessary operating adjustments via
instrumentation, equipment, or chemical additions to maintain
5. Requires documentation, record keeping, and accurate, thorough
communication (written and verbal) with co-workers, supervisors and
other crews of technicians. Includes issuing work orders for
equipment deficiencies as noticed and accurate timesheet
6. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with
operations, maintenance, and technical department personnel.
Coordinates the operation with related jobs within the plant and
routinely checks e-mails to keep informed.
7. Mobilize quickly using good judgment and without acting
8. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders,
stairs), and the ability to lift 50-75 lbs. occasionally.
9. The ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals is critical
to a satisfactory job performance.
10. Teamwork is an essential function of this job, as the daily
tasks are distributed between technicians and may also require
coordination with supervision and other plant areas, as well as,
subcontractors working in the area.
11. High degree of reliability, dedication, intelligence and
knowledge of company policies and regulations are necessary to
perform this job.
12. Applicant must have the ability to work in a continuous
operating environment (12-hour rotating shifts).
13. Position requires following specific instructions and
procedures and the ability to act on one's own initiative and work
independently and under conditions of high interdependency.
14. Other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
15. Candidate must pass pre-employment screening examinations and
16. It is an expectation that all Production Technician operators
achieve a Tech 4 status.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college
2. Experience handling industrial and agricultural chemicals in a
chemical complex is desirable.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at
Associated topics: automotive, breakdown, calibrate, diagnose,
equipment, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance
technician, millwright, troubleshoot
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Production Technician, Professions , Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!