Maintenance Technician - Welder
Company: CF Industries
Location: Sergeant Bluff
Posted on: April 8, 2021
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into
nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen
we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the
crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions
from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class
manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we
serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a
part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every
10 Hour, AH21BA Maintenance - Mechanical
Engineering and Engineering Services
The maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining,
repairing, and/or replacing the physical equipment in the plant
safely, correctly, and efficiently. The technicians meet this
responsibility by understanding and adhering to standard
maintenance procedures and techniques.
The welder maintenance technician joins, fabricates, and repairs
metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding
techniques. The technician must be able to perform TIG and shielded
metal arc welding on high pressure stainless steel and carbon steel
process piping per ASME code. The technician interprets blueprints,
specifications, diagrams and schematics.
1. Maintain plant equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, piping,
etc.) to precisely stated specifications. This includes
installation and disassembly of new or replacement equipment and
the ability to troubleshoot or diagnose problems. The technician
also rebuilds and fabricates parts and performs preventative
maintenance on equipment.
2. The technician will insure safety by maintaining a clean work
area and shop and also cleans and maintains tools and
3. The position requires coordination of activities with those of
others and after developing experience trains other
4. Must be willing and able to perform manual duties including
labor, concrete work, yard maintenance, ditch digging, cleanup,
janitorial work, truck driving, maintenance and construction
5. The technician needs to be able to follow instructions and
procedures, but also work independently.
1. Minimum H.S. diploma or GED, 2 years trade school or college
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to
develop working relationships with maintenance and operations
3. The job requires frequent standing, walking, climbing (ladders,
stairs), and the ability to lift 80 lbs. occasionally.
4. The job occasionally requires overtime and call-outs on
weekends, nights and holidays.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at
Associated topics: crew, dig, grounds, groundskeeper, ice,
landscape, paver, road, surface, tree maintenance
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Maintenance Technician - Welder, Professions , Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!