Company: Woodbury County Courthouse
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Salary: $40,256.64 Annually
Responsible, as a Correctional Officer, for the safekeeping and
welfare of all prisoners in the Woodbury County Jail Facility,
including the cleanliness and maintenance of the jail, jail
security and complaints, transportation of prisoners or other
persons in the care and custody of the County Sheriff's Department,
the performance of all related paperwork, and assisting in radio
communication and dispatcher responsibilities as necessary under
the direct authority of the County Sheriff, Major, Lieutenant.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:The following duties are
typical for this position. These are not to be construed as
exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and
- Responsible for the care and safekeeping of all prisoners in
the custody of the County; including booking, release, safekeeping
of belongings, security, and maintenance of control and
- Maintain records within scope of assigned
- Assist in the care and maintenance of the jail and coordinate
the work assignment of trustees to carry out cleaning and
maintenance responsibilities, while maintaining proper security
requirements at all times.
- Assist with transportation of prisoners or other persons in the
care and custody of the County Sheriff's Department
- Performance of all related paper work
- Responsibility for the jail security and complaints
- Performs other duties related to the scope of responsibility as
assigned by, County Sheriff/ Major/ Lieutenant
- Attendance is required
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Prefer a minimum of 60 hours of post-secondary education or
four consecutive years of military service or five years of
experience working in the law enforcement field.
- Ability to read and write the English language, communicate by
means of the spoken word in clearly spoken English.
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough
background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted
of local, state, and national fingerprint files with no felony
- Must successfully pass physical, vision, psychological testing
and drug screening prior to employment, is not, by reason of
conscience or belief opposed to use of force when appropriate or
necessary to fulfill duties
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of law enforcement
- Knowledge of civil and criminal laws relating to scope of
- Knowledge of rules of evidence
- Knowledge of first-aid and emergency principle.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively communicate with
- Knowledge of human relations; basic knowledge of psychological
- Personal maturity to maintain emotional stability in unusual
situations of stress or social interaction pressure
- Physical ability to lift 50-85 pounds
- Bilingual skills beneficial
Special Requirements Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
tasks. Possession of an appropriate valid driver's license and
insurance. Candidate for hire must successfully pass a background
check, physical, vision, psychological testing and drug screening
prior to employment. The use of clearly spoken English for the
skills and purposes of this job. Attendance is required
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION
OTHERWISE THE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE FORWARDED.
A Completed County application and resume
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
4:30 P.M., Monday June 17, 2019.
Keywords: Woodbury County Courthouse, Sioux City , Civilian Jailer, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!