Feedmill Tech (Part Time)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces
tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: Employee is responsible for
delivering, mixing, and managing the feed for the farms. They must
have a Class A CDL license and a mechanical aptitude. DUTIES AND
- Responsible for mixing feed rations according to instructions
from mill manager.
- Assign feed orders and deliveries to proper bin location.
- Responsible for all feed ingredients and making sure they are
assigned to the proper bin.
- Observe mill for proper operations and maintain truck and
- Do minor and possible major repairs on equipment, etc
- Responsible for keeping mill and office area clean.
- Make sure that accurate inventory and records are kept.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow SOP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
feed safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:High school diploma or general education degree
(GED) or equivalent. LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:.Ability to calculate figures and amounts such
as discounts, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts
of basic algebra. REASONING ABILITY:Ability to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability
to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in
mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and
concrete variables.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS: *CDL
Class A license PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must have good math skills.
- Must have a valid NE CDL (Commercial Driver License) Class "A"
- Be able to meet requirements of the companies DOT written
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral
- Must have good mechanical ability.
- Must not have any breathing disorders, areas are sometimes very
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs and ladders and climb to
80 feet height.
- Ability to safely lift 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work outside environment for long periods of
time.Michael Foods provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a
covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable
federal, state, provincial and local laws.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Feedmill Tech (Part Time), Other , Wakefield, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!