Shared Living / Host Home Provider - Buffalo County
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Are you looking for a meaningful opportunity in your own home?
Become a Host Home / Shared Living provider with Mosaic at Home !
Income opportunity ranges from $1,000 to $9,600/mo. Must reside in
the state of Nebraska (due to state funding) and own or rent your
home. For more than 30 years, Mosaic has provided improved quality
of life, greater stability and increased community access for
people with disabilities with at-home services. As an Independent
Contractor, your primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and
healthy home environment for the individual supported. Caring for
individuals is more than just helping people with their daily
activities. It is assisting in cultivating life skills and
fostering independence. You will be sharing your home with an
individual, not just having someone live in a room in your home.
Sharing your home means participating in activities, sharing chores
and matching interests and lifestyles. An independent Contractor
(IC) will welcome an individual with a disability to reside in
their home. IC's support the individual by providing a safe and
nurturing home environment to foster personal growth and
independence. Duties vary for each individual from minimal support
(i.e., budgeting, medication, transportation, activities of daily
living or ADL's) to full support (i.e., dressing, toileting,
feeding, positive behavioral support, etc.). As an Independent
Contractor, our organization will assist you with identifying an
individual that is welcomed into your home and best fits your
family dynamic. Responsibilities include:
- Provide support for tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry,
budgeting, decision making, etc.
- Skill acquisition
- Medication administration
- Medical appointments
- Support with overall health and well-being
- Daily documentation via web-based case management application
- Provide fun and leisure experiences to the individual by
providing opportunities of community inclusion, integration and
- Compliance with all state/agency policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with team members as needed
- Support physical needs of individual served
- Provide transportation Possible responsibilities depending on
- Assistance with bathing, toileting, feeding, behavioral
- Provide support for medical protocols, such as seizure, fall,
feeding tube, etc.
- Care for someone with complex physical/medical needs (i.e.,
hearing impaired, vision impaired, non-ambulatory, etc.)
- Potential support of behavioral issues.
Keywords: Mosaic, Sioux City , Shared Living / Host Home Provider - Buffalo County, Other , Belden, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!