Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Location: Dakota City
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Wakefield is one of the largest
production facilities within Michael Foods. - We serve as a flex
plant and are able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized
egg to liquid, dried, hardboiled and curds. - Responsibilities:
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work
rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as
a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities,
related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with
uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
-DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a proficient understanding, demonstration and commitment,
to the Level I checklist (attach copy of original checklist of
operator level I)
- Follows all LOTO for safe operation.
- Demonstrates proper use and handling of chemicals.
- Performs pre-operational inspections for sanitation.
- Completes master sanitation schedule daily.
- Properly sanitizes the heat exchanger.
- Continuously checks the code dates/labels and the product
- Knows the maximum pounds per hour for the product.
- Makes sure all the paperwork is completed, printed, and
- Continuously monitors the case weights.
- Responsible for minor adjustments of equipment and
troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Must be able to start up, shut down, and operate all
- Knows and understands the adjustments needed for air flow,
solids, scales, machines, agglomerated product, crystallization
- Reviews and corrects the packaging and any deficiencies with
the stacker and the filler.
- Inspects the sifter overflow and empty.
- Records the gauge readings hourly.
- Checks for wear on nozzles and knows when to replace - spray
- Boils out lines/pump tear down sand reassembles them.
- Sets up and follows procedures for the CIP/COP, dust collector,
packing room, filter press, fall restraint system, catwalk
- Reviews vat selection for sequences.
- Properly collects, processes, and records data and
- Performs metal detector checks and Sieve tests every 2 hours
and when switching shifts.
- Must be able to assemble and set up a taper and a pump.
- Must be able to read production order sheets, make skid tags,
and identify ID labels and product descriptions.
- Calibrates moisture machine, solids machine, and the pH
- Understands the causes for wet downs, the organizational
sequence of pallets in the Hot Room, how high pressures affect
membrane performance, and the egg clarification for Lyso
- Makes and mixes culture, siphon, SLS for the feed vats, yeast,
- Makes the proper connections for the egg run and CIP lyso
- Resins regeneration process and transfers resin out or into the
- Dumps recon and adds it to the de-sugar silos and feed
- Follows proper SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure a safe and healthy
workplace for everyone by adhering to all safety policies and
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned. - Qualifications: EDUCATION
AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
equivalent. -PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to load and unload egg and material trailers.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a company pallet jack and
forklift license. Experience with pallet jack and/or forklift
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in
English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or
employees of the organization.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to safely lift and carry 50lbs.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and
descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and reach.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Sioux City , Machine Operator, Other , Dakota City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...