Vatroom Operator (Part Time - Husker Pride)
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food. Location Description: Michael Foods, Inc. located in
Wakefield, Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska.
Milton G. Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing
business in 1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens
and produces tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing
facilities. Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY: - Responsible for
documentation of tankers, pulling samples, mixing product, CIP
lines, pumping product to and from different areas, and filling
tankers. -DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all safety procedures, use all PPE's and follow Basic
- Prepare the Breaking Room for startup of day's production
- To hook up, connect, inspect all product lines for days
- To assure proper pumping, mixing of numerous egg products
- To load tanker with correct product and accurate weight, while
- Pull samples for Lab from each product shipped
- To set Breakers for Solids of Yolk, WE, Whites
- To achieve correct solids for each product shipped.
- Continually monitor solids, quality and proper cooling of
- Know maximum pounds per hour per product.
- To understand ice builder and cooling procedures for
- To set up silo assignment on Panel View.
- Knowledge of electrical room to reset, start up, shut down
- Coordinate silo selection, switching silos while in
- Complete and file all necessary paperwork for HACCP.
- To hook up, connect inedible pipe lines for pot and vat.
- To hook up and load inedible tanker
- Monitor centrifuge and augers for inedible.
- To operate CIP system on Panel View.
- To hook up lines to CIP silo, tanker, load out line and cooling
- To hook up, connect, inspect and operate cooling press.
- Able to operate charm swab machine.
- Proper sanitation of breaking machines and all other
- Demonstrate proper use and handling of chemicals.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed or
- Able to walk on cement and climb stairs excessively for most of
- Practice above average GMP's.
- Work with USDA (United States Department of Agriculture).
- Conducts self in a professional manner to ensure quality of
product and to lead by example for fellow employees.
- Able to operate breaking machines.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- To assist floor person as needed.
- To work as a team with fellow employees.
- Communicate with maintenance department.
- Knowledge and location of MSDS manual.
- Communicate with procurement in preparing liquid schedule.
- Prepare liquid schedule for daily production and shipping of
product and direct communication to shag drivers.
- Collect triple tube water samples.
- Calibration of thermometers.
- Forklift trained.
- Communicating and implementing new procedures and equipment
operation to fellow vat people.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications: EDUCATION AND
EXPEREINCE REQUIRED: -EDUCATION:Less than high school education.
-LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. - Ability to write
simple correspondence. - Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one and small group situations. -MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS:Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to
multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these
operations using units of American money and weight measurement,
volume and distance. -REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving
several concrete variables in standardized situations. -PREFERRED
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be safety minded and have thorough knowledge of all safety
- Able to work independently.
- Must be motivated, have time management and organizational
- Must be punctual and alert.
- Possess excellent leadership skills.
- Must have General Math skills.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work in wet environment
- Have some mechanical knowledge.
- Have some good trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to work as a Team Player.
- Able to handle more than one assignment at a time.
- Possess good written and communication skills.
- Good physical ability for lifting and connecting lines.
- Able to analyze work situations and establish priorities.
- Excessive walking and standing on hard surfaces.
- Relate well with employees, other departments and
- Ability to assist Lead Person with daily tasks.
- Ability to fill out USDA PEA'S.
- First Aid Team.
- Assist lead on completing USDA certificates, such as typing to
complete certificate and giving information on product
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting problems.
- Advanced knowledge in assisting other locations with
- Ability to communicate in English.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Sioux City , Vatroom Operator (Part Time - Husker Pride), Other , Randolph, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...