Welder (Days) - Benefits after 30 days
Company: Sabre Industries
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Scope of Responsibility: -This position performs production within
prescribed codes, and according to prescribed procedures,
specifications, and drawings. -
- Ability to plan, organize, pay attention to details and
multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Works Independently with minimal supervision once assignments
or responsibilities outlined and delegated. Displays a strong sense
of ownership for work.
- Flexible and Adaptable: Copes with ambiguity, change, and
uncertainty effectively. Not hesitant to resolve lack of clarity,
structure, or definition of outcomes then moves ahead.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities
in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines and Sabre's quality
expectations and application in the work place
- Manually positions pole assembly in pole rollers into proper
position for welding.
- Reads and interprets drawings (including weld symbols) and
specifications to ascertain proper location of attachments, as well
as weld size and configuration.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides feet, inches,
fractions, and decimals. Uses tables to convert fractions to
decimals and decimals to fractions
- Adjust welding machines to achieve desired results within
parameters of established welding procedures. Frequently pushes,
pulls and lifts up to 50 pounds.
- Uses oxy-fuel torch to pre-heat parts to be welded in
accordance with published welding codes and specifications
- Uses MCAW welding process to weld small components or
- Wears protective equipment, including safety glasses, insulated
welding gloves, leather sleeves and/or cape, and welding hood
- Works in confined areas at various locations on the small pole
assembly line as necessary to weld components described above
- Uses chipping hammer, wire brush, motorized grinders, and
motorized wire brush at various times to clean welded areas.
- Uses pneumatic drills and magnetic drills to drill carious size
holes on pole assembly as required by drawings and
- Visually inspects his/her work to identify material
discrepancies and to ensure that welds have been completed
satisfactorily in compliance with applicable drawings and
- Uses a weld gauge to measure weld size, standard and
- Reads and interprets work orders and daily production
- When called upon, assist fitter in assembling pole assembly.
Uses measuring tape, level, square, and angle finder to measure
distances and angles
- Uses oxy-fuel cutting torch and plasma-arc torch for cutting
- Operates assembly line conveyor system to move tubular shafts
into position for cutting on band saw and for fitting. Operates
band saw for cutting tubular shafts according to
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Basic Math skills required
- Must be able to read and write.
- Ability to read blueprints required
- GMAW or Metal Core Welding experience preferred
- Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Lifting,
pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling under or over
and occasional climbing of stairs/ladders heights up to 6 or 7
- Abnormal level of noise due to grinding, chipping, hammering
requires hearing protection (ear plugs) be worn at all times.
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected
- Must be able to work in fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require
considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as
climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting
and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme
Keywords: Sabre Industries, Sioux City , Welder (Days) - Benefits after 30 days, Other , Bronson, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...