Trauma Program Coordinator
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
UnityPoint-St. Luke's Full-Time Days -$10,000 Sign-On Bonus to
Qualified Applicants!! The Trauma Nurse Coordinator (TNC) is
responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a
cost-effective system of care for trauma patients and their
families throughout the continuum of care. The TNC works both
independently and in collaboration with the trauma program medical
director and other members of the health care team. The TNC is
self-directed and self-motivating, plans and conducts work with
minimal direction, and reports the progress of work to the Manager
Emergency/trauma program manager. Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture - At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a
fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising
values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people
- Benefits - Our competitive Total Rewards program offers
benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education
assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter
what life stage you're in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment - We're committed to
ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race,
gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development - We believe equipping you with support and
development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a
remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement - Be an essential part of our core
purpose-to improve the health of the people and communities we
serve. - - - Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint
Health is a great place to work at
https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org. Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret and implement policies and procedures; make
recommendations for revisions; assist with updating policies and
- Coordinate with the medical director, hospital administration
and clinicians to assess the need for policies, procedures and
protocols relating to the care of trauma patients.
- Develop policies and procedures based on current literature,
input from clinicians and other sources such as information from
patient care evaluations.
- Represent the Trauma Program on various hospital and community
committees to enhance and foster optimal trauma care
- Supervise adherence to hospital policies and procedures and
standards through observation, medical record review, staff
feedbacks and other appropriate sources.
- Implements program initiatives related to Trauma.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with statewide trauma system
regulatory requirements as defined by the American College of
Surgeons Level III criteria.
- Coordinate preparation for statewide trauma system designation
- Develop and foster collaborative relationships with all
hospital departments to facilitate and support quality trauma
- Participate in state and regional trauma care activities.
- Plan and implement strategies for ongoing trauma program
development and improvement.
- Function as a clinical resource in the care of the trauma
patient in an emergent setting.
- Using data from the trauma registry analyze current injury
patterns, develop and implement effective injury prevention tactics
in coordination with community members.
- Participate in the development and delivery of community and
EMS education concerning trauma care.
- Collaborate with trauma program medical director, physicians
and other health care professionals to provide clinical and system
oversight for the care of trauma patients ensuring the provision of
efficient, quality, cost-effective care. Performance Improvement
- Maintains quality control programs and participates in the
organization's overall quality control program.
- Participate in the development and planning of goals and
objectives related to trauma care.
- Monitor performance of hospital staff involved with the care of
- Monitor trauma patient outcomes; evaluate for trends.
- Coordinate with physicians, nurses, other in-hospital staff and
outside providers to evaluate and address specific patient care
- Coordinate and participate in quarterly trauma committee
meeting including case and peer review. Data Collection/
Abstraction and Interpretation
- Assists in data collection related to the trauma patient.
- Analyze registry data on the trauma patient population;
identify trends for strategic planning and performance
- Manage registry data: collection, analyzing and trending.
- Supervise the collecting, coding, scoring and developing of
processes for validation of data entered into the registry.
- Validate the accuracy data entry into the trauma registry.
- Ensures the maintenance of the trauma registry in collaboration
with the trauma registrar. Education: Associates Degree in Nursing
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Experience: 3-5 years' clinical
experience in the acute care of trauma patients Previous experience
in the role as a Trauma Nurse Coordinator or Trauma Program Manager
License(s)/Certification(s): Currently licensed in the State of
Iowa as a registered nurse Current in Basic Life Support Current in
Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum or obtain within 6 months. Valid
driver's license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days Pediatric Advanced
Life Support within 6 months NIHSS prior to end of orientation and
maintained bi-annually CPI within 90 days Current in Advanced Life
Support, Pediatric Life Support, Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
Instructor or Course Director, Advanced Trauma Course Nursing
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain
effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to accept and
implement change. Ability to problem solving make decisions.
Possession of critical thinking, analytical, teaching/coaching and
research skills Previous supervisory or management experience.
Other: Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform
essential functions of the position.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Sioux City , Trauma Program Coordinator, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...