Posted on: March 13, 2023
General Responsibility Statement:
Has basic knowledge of Gas Metal Arc Welding techniques and Maintainer job processes. Able to read and understand work orders and blueprints. Effectively utilizes tools such as tape measure, square, and basic air and hand tools. Able to work within safety guidelines and work effectively with a positive attitude in a team environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Applies basic understanding in the operation and maintenance of machines and tools utilized in the manufacturing environment. Demonstrates an understanding of the customer/supplier relationship.
2. Positions, produces and/or fastens parts in specified relationship to each other according to the manufacturing schedule. Produces work that meets customer specifications and company standards.
3. Maintains a clean and safe workstation, maintains and wears all required personal protective safety equipment.
4. Works at different workstations as needs require or shifts from one station to another. Able to promptly produce quality work that satisfies customer requirements.
5. Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative in the area within direct control.
6. Follows all organizational, department/area, safety policies, procedures and directives as outlined in, but not limited to: Maintainer Employee Handbook, and Maintainer Quality Manual.
7. Performs other duties as requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Reasoning ability, and or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. One year prior welding experience is also preferred. Possesses basic knowledge of welding process. Equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrates a positive attitude and an acceptable attendance pattern.
Must successfully meet the following performance qualification requirement as outlined in Maintainer Document SOP-0146:
- Welding Skills Test as described in the "Welder 1" classification
Communication and Language skills:
Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions, work orders, two-dimensional drawings, and blueprints. Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Able to accurately complete fraction-decimal conversions as it relates to drawings and measurements. Ability to maintain a positive work attitude while performing assigned duties and working in a team environment.
Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to stand and use hands and fingers to grasp and hold objects, tools and or controls, likewise reach with arms and hands. The employee is required to walk, sit, kneel, and talk or hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is also exposed to fumes and or airborne particulates.
Must also utilize hand tools, power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned job.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Successfully completes annual overhead crane and hoist training requirements.
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities.
Maintainer is a family friendly employer with great benefits and excellent time off policies.
Keywords: Maintainer, Sioux City , TIG Welder, Other , Archer, Iowa
here to apply!