Company: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Sioux City
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
General ResponsibilitiesResponsible for assisting the Conference
Center Manager and/or the Conference Center Supervisor in the setup
of banquet facilities to meet the missions of guest satisfaction,
property appearance and employee support established by Stoney
Creek Hotel & Conference Center. - The focus of this job centers
around producing timely results that are high quality and accurate.
Benefiting from an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, this
job requires imagination and strong problem solving skills, but
with a strong technical orientation. The job requires an ability to
deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas and all of that in
an organized and self-disciplined way. It also requires that
serious consideration be given to all possibly related facts and
potential problems. This job demands deep knowledge and expertise
and to do it successfully depends on understanding detailed
information. Intellectual confidence is important in this job and
to do it well requires close, hands-on involvement, careful
follow-up and very disciplined, and limited, delegation.Supervision
Received/ProvidedThis position is closely supervised by the
Conference Center Manager and/or Conference Center
- Greet guests and staff in a friendly, welcoming manner and
provide assistance when possible and as requested. - Coordinate
through staff and management if unable to resolve alone.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining conference rooms and
surrounding public areas including carpets, windows, walls, garbage
cans, portable bars, tables, chairs, and equipment after each
function and when not in use.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining back of the house
areas including the kitchen, back hall, banquet storage areas, a/v
storage areas after each function and when not in use.
- Knowledgeable on the operation of all kitchen equipment and
appliances as well as upkeep and cleanliness. - Report on any
discrepancies to maintenance for repair if needed.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting Banquet Event Orders
to properly set up conference rooms for events, including in-house
breaks and audio/visual.
- Assist caterers to ensure food and beverage is set up on time
and is presented in a tasteful manner.
- Knowledgeable on the operation of all audio/visual equipment
owned by the hotel. -
- Maintain the security of the conference rooms to assure the
assets of the hotel and guests are protected. -Task List
- Set up conference rooms as specified by the Banquet Event
Orders to include proper table chair placement, linens, pad, pen,
mint, water glass, water station, break tables, etc.
- Vacuum carpets, clean window, dust blinds, replace burned out
light bulbs, and assure each conference room meets proper
- Assist clients with specific needs prior to the start of their
- Clean kitchen floors, counters, tables, walls, and equipment
and remove trash as needed.
- Clean the back hall and floors as needed.
- Stack chairs and tables appropriately along with any other
equipment and supplies kept in storage.
- Assists with conference center bars with setting up beer tubs
and bar backing. -Other Duties
- Attend and participate in all property or department meetings
- Responsible for proper use of the time clock at the beginning
and end of the shift as well as required lunch break
- Coordinate and/or assist other departments to meet a guest
- Perform special projects based on capabilities and knowledge
- Have knowledge of all hotel emergency procedures, especially
fire prevention and emergency procedures and be able to train staff
in these areas
- Be familiar with the handling and use of all chemicals and
equipment used to carry out the tasks of this position and use
protective equipment provided. - Be able to train staff.
- Report on accidents, injuries, near misses and property damage
- Read and follow the rules and procedures provided in the
employee handbook -Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to operate commercial dish machine, vacuum, carpet
cleaner and similar commercial equipment used to maintain the
- Be familiar with or capable of learning the computer systems
and electronic machines used to carry out the tasks of this
positionBenefits of working at Stoney Creek Hotels - -
- Paid Onboarding - -
- Paid Training - -
- 401k plan with Safe Harbor Match - - -
- eligible for the first open enrollment after 90 days - -
- Paid Holidays for holidays worked (double time!) - -
- Hotel room discounts - -
- Opportunities for career progression - -
- A thriving culture that provides genuine hospitality - -
- The ability to own and empower your work
- Join a great team of like-minded individuals who work hard -and
-smart at the same time - -If you are a -full-time -employee, -you
will also receive these benefits in addition to the amazing
benefits above: - - -
- Health and Dental through Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and
Vision through Avesis anywhere from a single to a family policy - -
- eligible the first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Keywords: Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Sioux City, Sioux City , Conference Staff, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!