FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME)
Company: Chartwells HE
Posted on: November 26, 2022
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time FOOD UNIT LEAD
- Location: Wayne State College - 1111 N. Main St Student Center,
Wayne, NE 68787. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule. Sunday through Thursday: 2:30pm -
11:00pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Food service supervisory/lead experience is
beneficial but not required. Willing to train!
- Starting pay: [[$13.00]] per hour.
- Perks: Meal provided as part of shift, full-time benefits, and
summers off!*Internal Employee Referral Bonus AvailableWe Make
Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1120750. The
advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: At over 300 colleges and universities around
the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the
on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and
setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused
social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful
relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference
makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare
students for success. We are seeking hungry, humble and smart
associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse
organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us
and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees.
Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and
visitors. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of
food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for
presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the
complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to
promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and
expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required
daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash
reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food
Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety
of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards
and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees
adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and
washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in
areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The BenefitsWe are always
looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of
work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and
part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home ProgramIn addition, full-time positions
also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Our Commitment to Diversity
and InclusionCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. -At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law. - -Qualified candidates must be
able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of
all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements
associated with this position. While this is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves
the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job
based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group
will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
ordinance).Req ID:1120750Chartwells HE - -
Keywords: Chartwells HE, Sioux City , FOOD UNIT LEAD (FULL-TIME), Other , Wayne, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!