Medical Support Specialist - LPN or RN
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
with Takeda's and . I further attest that all information I submit
in my employment application is true to the best of my
knowledge.Job DescriptionUpon successful completion of your
application, you may be selected to move onto the next step of our
interview process. If selected, -you would receive an email from
HireVue with a link and instructions to complete a HireVue OnDemand
video interview. - Please click - to receive the invite via text
message.About BioLife Plasma ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel
good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients
with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we'll support
you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count
on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits
program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.BioLife Plasma
Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Ltd.OBJECTIVES/PURPOSEThe Medical Support Specialist determines
donor eligibility to donate plasma, management of donor adverse
events, review of laboratory test results, donor notification of
unsuitable test results. The Medical Support Specialist works under
the direct supervision of the Center Manager (or Assistant Manager
as applicable) for operational guidance and under the supervision
of the Center Physician for medical issues. Ideally, the Medical
Support Specialist will be familiar with regulations of the plasma
collection industry and/or a manufacturing environment. The Medical
Support Specialist follows guidance provided by BioLife Medical
Affairs and provides center level support of environmental,health
and safety (EHS).ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Donor Eligibility (85%)
- Determine donor eligibility accurately and in a timely manner,
to include, proper management of informed consent, AIDS education
and confidential self-exclusion, medical history interview and
acceptance requirements, physical examination, blood testing, and
reviewing Serological Protein Electrophoresis (SPE) as
- Evaluate and manage donor reaction(s), which occurs at the
facility as outlined in the SOPs. Follow applicable SOPs for
medical emergencies including the execution of Center Physician's
standing orders and donor transport to emergency care
- Manage donor deferral; reviews test results and notify donors
of unsuitable test results per applicable SOPs.
- Initiation and investigation of Post Donation Information
- Refer to the Center Physician or Medical Affairs (as
applicable) when in need of providing unacceptable findings to
donors, problem solving, or guidance concerning medical or
technical issues, including donor safety and eligibility.
- Demonstrate continued competency in the performance of job
responsibilities and complete periodic assessment with the Center
Physician per applicable SOPs.
- Assist the EHS program as required per SOPs or as requested by
the EHS Manager (5%)
- Conduct pre-placement evaluation of new hires to include
assessment of medical history questionnaire.
- Support the Hepatitis B and Seasonal Flu vaccination programs
for employees as applicable.
- Maintain applicable employee medical records.
- Member of EHS site committee and assist in training of
employees, as required.
- Manage employee incidents and determine whether further
evaluation is required by occupational health/ER. Refer to EHS
guidance regarding employee incidents.
- Administer first aid to employees as needed.
- Act as Pandemic Coordinator when authorized by EHS.
- Supports investigations associated with pandemic threats within
local community as indicated by EHS or Medical Affairs.
- May perform all required duties in the area of Medical History
(including, but not limited to): (10%)
- Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.Enter
donor information into the Donor Information System
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Effective coaching and counseling skills.Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Willingness to travel preferred. (less than 10%)EDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:Essential: Graduate of a
recognized educational program.Desired:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years in a clinical or hospital setting
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO
StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse
workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability,
citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital
status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran,
or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by
law.LocationsUSA - IA - Sioux CityWorker TypeEmployeeWorker
Sub-TypeRegularTime TypePart time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Sioux City , Medical Support Specialist - LPN or RN, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!