Process Engineering Supervisor
Company: CF Industries
Location: Sergeant Bluff
Posted on: November 25, 2022
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
Engineering and Engineering Services
The Process Engineering Supervisor is responsible for serving
directly as a Process Engineer while also supervising a team of
Process Engineers. This team provides process technical support to
the Port Neal Complex to ensure that production units operate in
the most safe, efficient, reliable, and environmentally compliant
manner possible. This position ensures that the team's work
complies with good engineering practices and meets the needs of
stakeholders. This position will also have day-to-day oversight of
staff needs and personnel development.
1. Supervise the daily activities of the Process Engineering Group,
consisting of 4-6 Process Engineers, supporting nine operating
units, storage and loading facilities, and general off-sites
2. Directly contribute to Process Engineering work product
3. Ensure the Process Engineering Group properly identifies and
monitors operating unit KPIs on a routine basis and use resources
to work with Operations and Maintenance to resolve deficiencies
4. Support CF Industries' corporate goals to improve inclusiveness
and diversity within the organization, reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions, and continuous improvement of workforce safety.
5. Ensure that process engineering evaluations of catalyst and
equipment performance and the resulting recommendations
(particularly prior to turnarounds) are completed on a timely basis
and are technically sound and economically justified.
6. Assign resources to assist Operations, Maintenance, and the
other engineering disciplines in resolving technical problems.
7. Monitor Process Engineering support of developing and approved
8. Monitor resolution of Action Items generated by PHA studies,
audits, Operating Standards, etc. to ensure responses are
technically acceptable and provided in a timely manner.
9. Routinely communicate with Engineering Manager to understand
priorities and communicate hurdles to achieving site goals.
1. BS degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university is
2. Six or more years of process engineering experience in the oil,
gas, or chemical manufacturing industry is required, four must be
at operating facilities.
3. Two years or more of experience designing and supporting
operation of ammonia, urea, nitric acid, and/or UAN facilities is
4. Good communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be
able to effectively communicate and interact with personnel at all
levels in the organization and clearly document project scopes and
justifications in writing.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-###-#### or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Process Engineering Supervisor, Other , Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!