Company: Smithfield Foods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Other - Ask for details
Responsible for the training and skill development of hourly new
hire employees, including, but not limited to, the development of
knife techniques to include sharpening and maintenance of
sharpening tools. Will work most of the time on the production
floor coaching and assisting new employees in learning production
jobs after they are hired and to assist with training on the job
with employees have moved positions through the job bidding
process. On the Job trainers will be responsible for some job
specific training that may include knife sharpening techniques,
LOTO, Animal Handling, Floor Hyster Training and other job specific
knowledge required for an employee to learn their assigned position
with the company. Will work with Supervision and Training
Supervisor to ensure tracking documents are in place to best
identify those needing additional training.
- Trains hourly new hire production
employees on skill development and job requirements
- Travels the production line to ensure appropriate job
- Corrects and retrains employees exhibiting behavior that is
contrary to job requirements and correct job techniques.
- Assists Training Specialist and Supervisor with progress
reports, job bid qualifications and identifying trends involving
employees, tools, or jobs/tasks having most the most difficulty
maintaining a sharp cutting tool or being able to perform assigned
- Accurately documents required training attendance.
- Assists other plant departments as needed and miscellaneous
duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to rotate to different shifts based on production
- Ability to travel to other facilities to assist with new
start-up projects The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Continuing education beyond high school diploma/equivalency is
- Minimum of one (1) years' experience in manufacturing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bi-Lingual in more than one language preferred
- Able to work with co-workers proactively and in a team
- Shows problem solving abilities
- Preferred knowledge of Excel or other computer programs.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions
(non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related),
working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne
particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can
be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision,
distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to handle or
feel, and talk or hear; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel,
crouch, climb or crawl.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit
smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits. PEOPLE MATTER More than 63,000
employees globally drive our success. We strive to create a fair,
ethical and rewarding work environment. GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Working at Smithfield isn't just a job - it's the foundation for a
lifelong career with training designed to help you advance
professionally. BENEFITS Our people matter. That's why we offer
excellent, comprehensive benefits packages to our full-time
employees. SUSTAINABILITY PLEDGE Sustainability is ingrained in our
culture and guides how we operate. We believe in innovating for the
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc.
is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global
reach. With more than 60,000 jobs globally, we are dedicated to
producing "Good food. Responsibly" and serve as one of the world's
leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered
sustainability standards for more than two decades, including our
industry-leading commitments to become carbon negative in our U.S.
company-owned operations and reduce GHG emissions 30 percent across
our entire U.S. value chain by 2030. We believe in the power of
protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of
millions of food servings to our communities. Smithfield boasts a
portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield,
Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more
information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on
Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Keywords: Smithfield Foods, Sioux City , On-The-Job Trainer, Other , Denison, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!