Location: Storm Lake
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Sales Agronomist We are currently seeking a Sales Agronomist! Do
you have a passion for sales, servicing growers, and have a strong
agronomic background? Are you competitive with a high drive to
yield strong results? Do you love Agriculture and love to be on the
cutting edge? Join our sales team today! We are seeking a motivated
individual who will be responsible, under the direction of the VP
of Agronomy, for establishing professional customer relationships
with an emphasis creating tremendous customer experience while
focusing on business growth. By focusing on service to increase
value to the customer's total business and provide solutions to
agronomy and crop production challenges by performing the following
duties. You Will:
- Conduct territory planning and management by:
- Identifying and prioritizing customers and prospects.
- Developing action plans for increasing targeted customers
- Working with Agronomy Lead for inventory planning and
- Maintaining sales contracts & bookings.
- Generating leads for grain sales through referrals and
- Completing paperwork to ensure contracts is completed; maps of
the field are drawn so applicators get to the correct place.
- Serving as an advisor to product management with the sole
objective of assisting their efforts in incorporating new products
or services that would be of benefit to our growers. Mentoring the
introduction of these new products to the entire sales
- Generate sales revenue by:
- Performing sales calls on current and prospective
- Presenting products, services, and the added value the company
as designed by the Company.
- Handling objections and complaints in a timely manner.
- Gaining business through new customers.
- Deliver outstanding customer service by:
- Making sound and ethical agronomic recommendations in order to
maximize profitability for our customers.
- Facilitating a communication channel between our customer and
- Working swiftly with customers, suppliers, and management to
resolve product/service complaints in fair and equitable
- Developing business plan for growers and work with them to
ensure the plan is met.
- Consulting with growers working in the field on their product
quality/standards and applications needed in their operation.
- Demonstrate sound agronomic skills:
- Interpreting soil tests and nutrient maps
- Building fertility recommendations based upon available
- Conducting weed, insect, and plant disease identification
- Building pesticide recommendations based upon plant growth
stage, pest, pressure, etc.
- Ensuring thorough knowledge of seed genetics and ability to
recommend best available hybrids. You Have:
- 3 + Years related experience
- Bachelor's degree is a plus, but is not required
- Must have a valid IA motor license.
- Certified Crop Advisor preferred PI190115165
Keywords: Agstate, Sioux City , Agronomy Sales, Other , Storm Lake, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!