Company: Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionPonca Express Transporter Norfolk Job Description
Approved 8/10/21, 7/28/22 Position:Ponca Express Transporter
NorfolkPosition Number:626 NDivision:Tribal
starting wage $15.00Classification:Full-TimeSummary: Incumbent will
be primarily responsible for meeting the transportation needs of
Ponca Tribe of Nebraska citizens and the public, including persons
with disabilities. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for providing transportation for Ponca Tribe of
Nebraska members and the public, including persons with
disabilities in a cheerful, pleasant, and professional manner.
- Transporter will operate vehicles, wheelchair
lifts/securements, computers, cell phones, scheduling software and
other equipment as necessary.
- Assists passengers to and from the vehicle.
- Maintains a clean and presentable vehicle according to policy
or direction of supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate monthly records and reports.
- Works closely and cooperatively with Ponca Tribe of Nebraska
staff to meet transportation needs.
- Follows a planned route according to a time schedule.
- Keeps track of when passengers get on/off the vehicle via
- Collects fares for each transport as applicable and maintains
proper record keeping.
- Continuously learns and implements all new procedures,
regulations and requirements.
- Able and willing to drive in adverse weather conditions.
- Responsible for inspecting vehicles at the beginning of each
- Maintains or attains CPR and First Aid certification.
- Attends and completes Passenger and Safety Securement,
Defensive Driving, Distracted Driving and Drug & Alcohol Awareness
- Follows the drug and alcohol policy and testing
- Knows and follows the mission, organization, program
requirements, and policies of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska.
- Maintains complete confidentiality and honors the Privacy
- Recognizes the need to respect the rights, dignity, and privacy
- Be well versed in and abide by transportation laws, rules, and
- Other duties as assigned. Relationships and Authority:
Incumbent has no supervisory responsibilities.Working Environment
and Physical Demands: Minimum to high stress due to many scheduled
activities. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, twisting and moves
intermittently during work hours. Must be able to work with the
ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times, hostile
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to obtain First Aid, CPR and Defensive Driving Course
certification if not already certified.
- Must possess excellent oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable.
- Must successfully pass drug and alcohol testing, motor vehicle,
education, character, and criminal background checks.
- Able and willing to travel.Preferred:
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- First Aid, CPR and Defensive Driving Course certified.
- One year experience working with Native Americans or Native
American organizations.Preference will be given to Ponca Tribe of
Nebraska members or members of a federally recognized tribe.
However, all qualified individuals are eligible. The Ponca Tribe of
Nebraska is an at-will employer. Tribal Council Approval: 8/10/21,
7/28/22 Human Resources Final: 07/31/22
P.O. Box 288, Niobrara, NE 68760 P: (402) 857-3391, F: (402)
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Ponca Tribe of Nebraska, Sioux City , Transporter, Other , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!