Company: Manitou Americas
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionBUYER (Full-time) position located in Yankton,
SDManitou Group, world-leader in all-terrain material-handling,
designs, manufactures, distributes and services equipment for
construction, agriculture and the industries. JOB
RESPONSIBILITIES:This position will establish and maintain
effective and ethical business relations with suppliers for all
classes and types of materials, supplies, services, and equipment
required by Manitou Group in order to ensure on-time delivery of
goods and services meeting all quality requirements at the best
possible total cost. This position reports directly to the
Materials Manager. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Locate suppliers capable of supplying needed materials,
supplies, services, and equipment that satisfy quality, price, and
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers in terms of quality,
price, reliability, on-time delivery, and total cost.
- Develop reliable sources of supply, minimize total costs of
purchased goods, and simplify purchasing operations by establishing
and managing annual purchase agreements.
- Negotiate terms of annual purchase agreements, standard
purchase orders, and other contracts to achieve the best mix of
quality, price, discounts, and other costs.
- Analyze specifications, functional requirements, and vendor
capabilities in order to assure that minimum costs are
- Maintain effective verbal and written communications with
Engineering, manufacturing, Quality Control, Traffic Sales, and all
other departments in order to perform primary
- Coordinate emergency actions by suppliers and all other parties
to prevent and/or mitigate damage caused by delayed shipments,
quality problems, changes in specifications, cancellations,
- Initiate routine documentation and transactions for procurement
of goods and services.
- Conduct required correspondence with vendors to obtain
quotations, expedite deliveries.
- Perform on-going analysis of purchasing procedures to simplify
operations of purchasing and suppliers.EDUCATION:
- BA/BS degree in Business or Economics
- Excellent verbal, written communications and customer service
- Highly organized, detail oriented with good problem solving
- Ability to work well with other departments to accomplish
- Ability to learn and respond to urgent situations.
- Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Computer skills (Google/Microsoft Office Suite)
Keywords: Manitou Americas, Sioux City , Buyer, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!