Operator 1 (FS)
Company: Michael Foods Inc.
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Business Unit Description: Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in
the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that s First in
Location Description: Wakefield is one of the largest production
facilities within Michael Foods. We serve as a flex plant and are
able to produce everything from a whole pasteurized egg to liquid,
dried, hardboiled and curds.
Responsibilities: POSITION SUMMARY :
Dryer Operators are responsible for overseeing dryer packagers,
accurately recording the gauge readings, moistures and adjustments.
Operator will also perform minor mechanical repairs on
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees dryer packagers as to proper job performance.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the dryer room, dryer
box, bags, sifter room, packaging room, staging and warehouse
- Records accurate SAP entries.
- Accurately records the gauge readings, moistures and
- Ensures correct Julian dates on packaging.
- Accurately completes the man-hour sheets for production and
- Maintains finished vats, strainers, high pressure pump and
- Assists the evaporator operator, with maintaining the piping
and sanitation (CIP) of the silos, piping, pumps, etc.
- Assists the evaporator operator, with unloading and sanitizing
the incoming inedible tankers.
- Assists the evaporator operator with the proper operation and
sanitation of the pasteurizer and holding tubes.
- Assists with the loading & unloading of product and supply
- Prepares and performs pre-operational inspections.
- Operates the moisture analyzer.
- Pulls lab samples for production.
- Reads and comprehends the batch records for solids and recon
used and batch sequencing.
- Knows how to properly start up, operate, and shut down all 3
dryers and the SSL tote filling operation.
- Checks tips for wear and knows when and how to change them as
- Performs metal detector checks at required frequencies and
reports any deficiencies.
- Inspects the sifter overflow and must be able to identify
issues and notify the applicable party of any issues.
- Has effective communication at shift hand-off with the oncoming
and off going shift.
- Has advanced knowledge of printing SAP tags and partial
confirmations for FG, along with troubleshooting printing
- Prints and verifies labels from Labelview and ensures the
required information per spec is included.
- Performs hourly case weight checks and has knowledge of
corrective actions and notifications.
- Follows proper SOP s (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP s, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate
safety and health in all jobs and tasks, able to work weekends,
holidays and overtime as needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Ability to load and unload egg and material trailers.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a company pallet jack and
forklift license. Experience with pallet jack and/or forklift
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in
English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or
employees of the organization.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10 s and 100 s. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to safely lift and carry 50lbs.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and
descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and reach.
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc., Sioux City , Operator 1 (FS), Other , Wakefield, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!