Company: MDU Resources Group
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Company:Knife River - Midwest Division
Location:Sioux City, IA
Hiring Manager:Megan S Dejong
Closing Date:09/06/2022at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type:Full-Time - Seasonal
**This is a full-time seasonal position with a winter lay-off. The
starting wage is $18.25/HR and up depending on experience. The
typical schedule is Monday - Friday 6 AM - 7 PM and Saturday as
Responsible to safely smooth and finish surfaces of poured concrete
floors, walls, sidewalks or curbs to specified textures using hand
tools or power tools including floats, trowels, and screeds.
Signals concrete deliverer to position truck to facilitate pouring
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to
identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment
2. Safely and properly perform maintenance.
3. Pin, nail, align and block up under forms.
4. Set, align, nail dowel baskets.
5. Drill, blow, glue, bend, L-bars.
6. Help seal.
7. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete using
float, trowel or screed.
8. Assist with dumping materials on grade.
9. Cutting and tying of rebar.
10. Perform general concrete set-up and tear-down of forms
11. To keep concrete yard and buildings neat and clean looking.
12. Perfom housekeeping on various company equipment to keep them
looking good to the public and customers, easier for operators and
maintenance to do preventative maintenance checks, and for
maintenance personnel to make repairs when needed.
13. Safely and properly spreads concrete into inaccessible sections
of forms using rake or shovel. Levels concrete to specified depth
and workable consistency. Removes rough or defective spots from
concrete and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
Molds expansion joints and may sprinkle chips, powdered steel or
coloring powder on concrete to produce prescribed finish. May mix
cement and direct subgrade work.
14. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work
with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated,
team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain
positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of
15. Ensure OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school
diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card
and acceptable driving record.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:2220
Hawkeye Drive, Sioux City, IA 51105.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran status or any other protected category under
applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
**This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF)
(Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) .** **Download PDF Application (PDF)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
Keywords: MDU Resources Group, Sioux City , Laborer, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!