Universal Worker/Personal Care Assistant Day Shift
Company: Bavarian Meadows Assisted Living
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Universal Worker/Personal Care
AssistantPurpose: To provide personal care assistance and deliver
services to tenants, to ensure their quality of life and
safety.Accountability: Director of NursingJob Summary: As a
universal worker/personal care assistant, you are an integral part
of the team. Your job description includes various aspects of the
job. You will be required to perform duties in many area, which
included but are not limited to health care, administration, food
service, housekeeping, safety, public relations and general
operations. You are a part of a large team and are expected to
perform as a team player.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Assist resident with aspects of daily living as determined by
the service plan.
- Provide reminders to residents as determined by the service
- Perform or assist residents with basic services such as light
housekeeping and laundering of bed linens.
- Perform assurance checks to ensure resident safety.
- Report resident physical or mental changes and request to the
director and/or director of nursing.
- Promote and coordinate activities for tenant social
- Follow resident rights.
- Know and follow each residents' service plan.
- Handle all resident information in a confidential manner.
- Prepare dining room, serve food, and assist with cleanup of
dining room following meal time.
- Perform cleaning procedures to all common area in accordance
with program policies and procedures.
- Observe waste disposal procedures in accordance with program
policies and procedures.
- Assist with functional assessments as needed.
- Observe all program safety policies and procedures including
working responsible to ensure personal safety.
- Report to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate
dependability and punctuality.
- Respond to all emergency call and alarms in accordance with
- Participate in all in-services and education as provided by the
- Document health care given per program policies.
- Perform medication reminders or administration per the service
- Accompany/transport residents, as needed, within the community,
and outside the community as requested or needed.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Fill in for other universal workers/personal care assistants,
- Assist with scheduled activities during the week, and
facilitate activities on the weekends and in the evenings.
- Use proper body mechanics.
- Comply with all state regulations as the apply to assisted
- Complete incident report forms as necessary for residents,
self, visitors or co-workers.
- Complete work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Assist all departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the director of nursing or the
- Director of Nursing
- Residents' families
- Emergency medical personnel
- SurveyorsRequired Skills and Abilities:
- Able to lift between 40-50 lbs., up to 40 inches
- Able to be on your feet for extended periods
- Organizational skills
- Positive image
- Communication skills
- Accurate record keeping/documentation skills
- Ability to provide input into program activities
- Acceptance of residents unconditionally
- Work independently and as part of the team
- Basic supervision and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, patience and a desire to work creatively with
elderly confused residents
- Calm, friendly demeanor
- Listening skills
- Willingness to accept supervision
- Ability to deal with public and family membersRequired
Education and/or Training:
- Must be at lease 18 years of age
- Medication Management Certificate – or willing to get.Preferred
- Experience with the care of the elderly and confused
Keywords: Bavarian Meadows Assisted Living, Sioux City , Universal Worker/Personal Care Assistant Day Shift, Other , Remsen, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!