Operator - 2nd Shift - Dryers
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: Operators
are responsible for checking egg temps, machine speeds, tank levels
and leaks. This position is also responsible for keeping machines
running efficiently and accurately documenting and reporting
data.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs quality check on in-coming raw egg and finished
- Performs hourly checks and monitors product quality.
- Completes required documentation accurately and timely.
- Follows SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) and HACCP (Hazard
Analysis and Critical Control Points) guidelines.
- Monitors machines and ensures they are running efficiently,
within range for temperatures, speed and tank levels, no leaks and
full of eggs.
- Responsible for minor adjustments of equipment and
troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Communicates machine or product issues to production management
- Makes sure packaging material is kept separated, neat, stored
properly and labeled correctly.
- Operates the forklift and pallet jack.
- Keeps area and equipment clean using sanitation
- Completes die, printer and Bergmier counter change overs.
- Performs Acetic acid bath temperature, chemical and Vortexx
- Checks the CO2 and O2 on the product bags.
- Responsible for Fallas operations, assisting the dicer operator
and pulling samples and records for skids.
- Accurately programs, tracks and reports out of Data Trace
readings per HACCP requirements.
- Understands the cross contamination and mitigation steps for
the area, all grades of eggs, how the Biolonix operates and how the
Yamato scale system works.
- Gives breaks to line employees
- Communicates effectively with operators to control egg
- Mixes brine solution per specification and coating paint.
- Follows and performs wax filling procedures.
- Performs manual packaging, sanitizer chemical checks, belt
sprayer checks, hand dip checks and properly reports issues.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP's, maintains
sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
Reports to management if any conditions or practices may adversely
affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
QualificationsPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Bilingual a
- Work independently, prioritize duties and display responsible
behavior at work.
- Must be able to obtain a forklift and pallet jack operator's
- Must be safety minded.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Capability of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished
in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to
complete work assignments.
- Can adapt to change.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Operator - 2nd Shift - Dryers, Other , Jackson, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!