Floor Person (Big Red - Full Time)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces
tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: Breaking Labor Skilled is
responsible for picking off leakers, dirt and yolks. Prevents bad
eggs from contaminating the finished products and ensures the
quality of the eggs entering the breaking room. Maintain the
cleanliness and prioritize to keep up on all of the floor tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow all PPE requirements
- To follow all GMP's throughout the day
- Rinsing, sanitizing, and assisting USDA with any sanitation
problems, stocking supply cabinet, filling footbaths and
- Make sure A.R.U.'s are setup for production.
- Maintain neat, clean environment of floors and breaking
machines in breaking room.
- Vital link between supervisor, maintenance and operators of any
safety, maintenance or production problems throughout the day.
- To keep trays clean on machines
- To keep inedible buckets/tubs dumped.
- To watch for loss of good eggs in inedible.
- Keep the machines from foaming.
- To wash down drain and fill washer tanks at break time.
- Checking and Monitoring every 1 hour chlorine concentration and
washer PH (USDA specifications)
- At the end of day ensure all accumulator trays are cleaned and
floor of any egg and all buckets are dumped.
- Responsible for running all employees through morning and
afternoon breaks (assisting vat person with this).
- Responsible for coordinating lunch time, spray down and cleanup
to meet USDA specifications.
- Responsible for communicating with maintenance on any machine
problems throughout the day.
- Remove all 1st shift material from room (test kits, mirrors,
- Make sure all eggs are through before shutting machines
- Rotate with breaker operators (see Breaker Operator job
description for duties).
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety
requirements.QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:No
prior experience or training required. LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to
read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words and to
recognize similarities and differences between words and between
series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in oral form. Ability to deal with
problems involving one concrete variable in standardized
situations. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Specific skills and
abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Free of any breathing or asthmatic conditions, dusty and
aromatic conditions prevail
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have a good vision, hearing and be attentive
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to stand on hard surface for most of shift.
- Ability to carry and lift 30- 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to bend and stoop while cleaning work areas.
- Ability to work in high humidity conditions and around USDA
required cleaning solutions.
- Ability to climb and move above, below and into tight
- Refer to Breaker Operator skills and abilities.
- Ability to work week-ends and holidays
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Floor Person (Big Red - Full Time), Other , Belden, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!