Poultry Care Person (Husker Pride - Part Time)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces
tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY:Employee is responsible for the
husbandry of birds and egg production. Employee makes sure birds
have the adequate temperature and lighting, feeding and water and a
clean environment. Daily tasks include, cleaning, pulling mortality
and keeping water readings as well as production flow. Responsible
for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and maintenance
under the UEP Guidelines and Animal Care.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates 1- house
- Responsible for making sure the chickens have adequate water,
feed, and proper temperatures maintained.
- Responsible for disinfecting ones house.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating medication
- Responsible for poultry house breast guard clip install.
- Keep layer house clean.
- Assist with maintenance as needed.
- Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temperatures and
maintenance under the UEP Guidelines and Animal Care.
- Must work closely supervisor and maintenance.
- Responsible for weighing birds and collecting case weights
- Keep all feed chains and egg belts working at all times.
- Keep egg savers working at all times.
- Keep egg collectors clean & adjusted at all times
- Keep egg roll-offs clean and adjusted at all times.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Keep all catwalks clean.
- Keep all birds in allowed permitted space ( off the floor
- Keep all fans, screens and motors clean and protected with
- Responsible for removing all dead chickens and counting them
- Responsible to monitor mortality (report increase promptly to
supervisor or lead).
- Responsible to monitor egg loss.
- Maintain and replace water regulators, egg rollers, sprockets,
feed chains and header shear pins as needed.
- Maintenance work must be done immediately, if major problems
arises contact supervisor.
- Keep the floor under units clean.
- Report anything out of the ordinary to maintenance or
- Adhere to safe work practices, maintain sanitary conditions and
ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any
conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food
quality or personnel safety.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsJOB
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:No prior experience or training.LANGUAGE
SKILLS:Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable
words and to recognize similarities and differences between words
and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple
sentences.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to add and subtract digit
numbers.REASONING ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
Ability to deal with problems involving one concrete variable in
standardized situations.LICENSES, CERTIFICATES,
REGISTRATIONS:Licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
None requiredOTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Specific skills and
abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Free of any breathing or asthmatic conditions, dusty and
aromatic conditions prevail. Must able to pass pulmonary functions
test and fit tested.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. in each hand and carry it for at least
- Ability to be in various positions, bending, kneeling and
crawling, climbing, etc
- Have the full use of all limbs
- Have basic math skills.
- Be able to work individually or with a team with minimal
- Be able to work weekends, holidays and over time as
- Must be able to pass and follow Lock Out Tag Out.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Poultry Care Person (Husker Pride - Part Time), Other , Wayne, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!