Breaking Labor (Part Time - Husker Pride)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces
tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for picking off
leakers, dirt and yolks. Prevents bad eggs from contaminating the
finished products and ensures the quality of the eggs entering the
breaking room. Responsible for removing all egg yolks from whites
to ensure a high quality product during the separation process.
Keeps breaking machines running at top production speeds. Also,
keeps these machines clean at all times. And follows USDA and FSIS
regulations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prevent bad eggs from contaminating finished products.
- Remove all yolk from whites to ensure a high quality product
- Keep machine running at top production speeds and follow
through with each days responsibilities. (whole egg vs.
- Follow USDA regulations.
- Check air pressure and water pressure before starting.
- Clean machine of egg and egg shells before breaks.
- Follow all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Follow all GMP's (washing hands, etc.) throughout the day.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines.
- Maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
- Less than high school education.PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable
- Able to recognize similarities and differences between words
and series of numbers.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Capability of applying common sense understanding in order to
carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
- Ability to tolerate constant motion.
- Able to climb and move above, below and into tight spaces.
- Ability to work in high humidity conditions and around USDA
required cleaning solutions.
- Free of any breathing asthmatic conditions; dusty and aromatic
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Capability to understand and follow oral instruction.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at a time (tripping
cups, cleaning whites, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to
complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Breaking Labor (Part Time - Husker Pride), Other , Beemer, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!