Poultry Care Tech (Husker Pride - Full Time)
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces
tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: Works closely with supervisor and
maintenance to complete all house duties, cleaning, repairs to
equipment, alignments and other modifications to equipment as
needed. Responsible for charting and other paperwork. Assists in
other areas as needed. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for following instructions.
- Need to work closely with supervisors and maintenance.
- Responsible for verifying cage counts following housing.
- Responsible for weekly cross belt cleaning.
- Responsible for poultry house equipment repairs between
- Responsible for poultry house sanitation between flocks.
- Responsible for poultry house breast guard clip install.
- Responsible for poultry house water line alignment
- Responsible for operating a layer house as needed.
- Responsible for picking up weekly layer mortality.
- Responsible for picking up weekly trash collection.
- Responsible for keeping daily charts on water, temp, and
maintenance when running a house.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment, or equipment damaged
during sanitation to maintenance or supervisor.
- Assist in any other areas needed like (covering fans, trash
pickup, cool cell covering, etc.)
- Support guidelines on Animal Care / UEP.
- Adhere to safe work practices, maintain sanitary conditions and
ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any
conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food
quality or personnel safety.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QualificationsEDUCATION AND
EXPEREINCE REQUIRED: LANGUAGE SKILLS:Ability to read and comprehend
simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to
write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present
information in one-on-one and small group situations. MATHEMATICAL
SKILLS:Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. REASONING
ABILITY:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
standardized situations. LICENSES, CERTIFICATES,
REGISTRATIONS:Driver's license PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
- Free of any breathing or asthmatic conditions, dusty and
aromatic conditions prevail.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written
- Have good mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to work in various positions, standing, bending,
kneeling, stoop and bend, etc
- Ability to work with chemicals.
- Ability to safely lift 50 to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to obtain training in Lock Out Tag Out, Respiratory,
and Hot Works
- Be able to work individually or with a team with minimal
- Be able to work weekends, holidays and over time as
- Available for flexible schedule and weekend coverage as
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Poultry Care Tech (Husker Pride - Full Time), Other , Walthill, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!