Dryer Packaging - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift
Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. ResponsibilitiesMichael Foods, Inc. is a
leader in the food processing and distribution industry with
business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products.
We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization
where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an
impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's
First in Food. POSITION SUMMARY: The Dryer Packager position is
responsible proper packaging, sealing, labeling and stacking of
finished product containers as well as for overall cleanliness and
sanitation of dryer areas. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of
- Responsible for confirming and verifying final weights of
- Accountable for proper packaging, sealing, labeling and
stacking of finished product.
- Knows and understands the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
target for the product being produced and what it means.
- Understands all required documentation for the production run
and that all documents must be verified by the supervisor or the
lead at the end of each shift.
- Performs hourly case weight checks and has knowledge of
corrective actions and notifications
- Follows start up and shutdown procedures.
- Effective communication at shift hand-off with the oncoming or
off going shift.
- Follows proper SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Less than high school education.PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical issues.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a company pallet jack
license. Experience with pallet jack and/or forklift
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in
English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or
employees of the organization.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to safely lift and carry 50lbs.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and
descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , Dryer Packaging - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift, Other , Waterbury, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!