Company: Michael Foods
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Business Unit OverviewMichael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the
food processing and distribution industry with business in egg
products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer
exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you
can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in
Food.Location DescriptionMichael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield,
Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G.
Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in
1950 here in Wakefield. ResponsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY: Position may
include loading, packaging, inspecting, and sanitation duties. You
may also be responsible for labeling, sealing, and stacking
product. Also maintaining a clean and safe work environment is
essential. This position has the responsibility to comply with
Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to
reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies,
procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are
followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce
product and process variability. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES MAY
- Responsible for overall equipment cleanliness and sanitation of
- Report any equipment/mechanical problems.
- Inspecting/sorting the eggs and ensuring the best quality
product, is being packaged.
- Responsible for confirming and verifying weight of
- Ensuring the labels and product date and type is correct.
- Ensuring all documentation for the area, is complete and
- Follow correct procedures, when using and handling
- Follows proper SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures)
- Adheres to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary
conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to
management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect
food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy
workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and
procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Insure regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assisting in other departments and areas as
needed.QualificationsPREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers.
- Capability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in oral form.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to safely lift up to 50lbs
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
- Ability to work around required cleaning solutions.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Able to stand on hard surface most of the shift, ascend and
descend stairs, bend, stoop or crouch, grasp and reach.
Keywords: Michael Foods, Sioux City , General Labor, Other , Allen, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!