Broadband Technician - Essential Worker! Urgently Hiring!
Location: Storm Lake
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Performs field technical work. Primarily responsible for maintain
the HFC plant from node to tap through routine maintenance and
repair of CATV distribution system and HSD system and for turn-on
of new distribution system. Maintenance and troubleshoot the trunk
system due to equipment and/or power failure.
• Conducts system tests such as signal/noise, signal/hum, summation
sweep, chart recording, return loss bridge, including monthly,
semi-annual and annual tests; RF knowledge/troubleshooting; sweep &
balance HFC plant.
• Sets trunk levels, sets-up and changes out trunk amplifiers,
calculates signal level losses in cable and equipment for trunk
lines and distribution lines.
• Installs electronics and makes power connections; maintain power
• Properly uses, stores and maintains all test equipment used in
• Assumes full responsibility for troubleshooting and repair of the
coaxial and fiber distribution system. Prepares estimates for
projects, providing bill of materials.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand tools;
splices coax & fiber.
• May perform all duties of Broadband Specialist I-V, Technical
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and
climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries
loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited
confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out
materials; provides general assistance to other employees as
• On-call duty may be required; Other functions that may be
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree
- Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record
- Required - Minimum of 6 months' time spent as Broadband
Specialist III or 5+ years' equivalent cable technician
- Required- NCTI Service Technician
- Required- NCTI System Technician
- Preferred- DOCSIS 3.1: Customer Premise
- 18 months tenure as a Mediacom BBS III or equivalent
- Knowledge of all Broadband Specialist I-III responsibilities,
basic commercial installs, business phone and service calls along
with Home Controller.
- Knowledge of HFC plant, installs and service calls.
- Knowledge of Commercial Fiber PRI and Managed Voice
installation and trouble shooting.
- Advanced level of mechanical skills for splicing
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers and
- Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Ability to trouble shoot customer premise equipment and cable
• Strenuous - Physical effort represented by frequent handling of
heavy objects (approx. 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy hand
Keywords: System Technician, Maintenance,
Broadband Specialist V, Installer, Technical Operations,
Technician, Cable, Construction, Maintenance, Telecom, Internet,
Install, Home Security, Xtream, Fiber, Copper, Splice
Keywords: Mediacom, Sioux City , Broadband Technician - Essential Worker! Urgently Hiring!, Other , Storm Lake, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!