Human Resources Manager
Company: CF Industries
Location: Sergeant Bluff
Posted on: July 21, 2021
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.
AH21 Administration - Port Neal, Exempt
The Manager, Human Resources is a key member of the site leadership
team. The role maintains and enhances the site's operational
success through talent acquisition, development and management;
organizational design; influencing site safety culture and
administering human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Works closely with senior management to develop and implement
medium to long-term HR solutions aligned to business
- Provides leadership & consultation to managers, supervisors and
- Ensures site has appropriate talent to meet current needs.
Develops, maintains, and deploys various talent acquisition
strategies ensuring new employees have skills to do the job and
have the ability to progress within the company.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and
conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures site has appropriate talent to meet future needs.
Identifies key positions and talent and manages development.
- Acts as chief compliance officer for the Port Neal site
ensuring employees behave in an ethical manner and all
issues/concerns are handled in a timely and thorough manner.
- Periodically assesses culture to ensure it is still in line
with and supports company objectives.
- Ensures HR staff is actively involved in safety efforts.
- Ensures all administration surrounding organizational structure
is current and communicated, e.g., schedules and conducts job
evaluations; monitors and schedules individual pay actions,
- Coaches site leadership in a broad array of leadership
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting,
orienting, training, and developing staff.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing
applicable human resource federal and state requirements;
developing and conducting necessary training to staff or other site
personnel; conducting investigations; maintaining records;
representing the organization at hearings.
- Manages the time and attendance system, applicant tracking
system and HRIS data as it relates to site personnel.
- Acts as a representative of CF Industries to the local
- Manages effective communication of site and corporate
objectives ensuring employees understand how their roles contribute
to achieving those objectives.
Establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet
departmental internal controls requirements. Ensures that
established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works
with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in
existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the
extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed.
Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to
department internal controls as necessary.
Successful incumbents will have:
- B.S. Degree required, in Business or related field.
- 10+ years' experience in the human resources field, preferably
- SPHR or PHR certification highly desirable.
- Successful candidate would be skilled in employee relations,
benefits, time and attendance systems, wellness events and
- Proficient in computer use within a Windows environment and
experience using Microsoft's suite of business applications, Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as
a site leader.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Both
informal and formal project written documentation will be
- Presentation skills sufficient to communicate thoughts
succinctly to management.
The Manager, Human Resources will drive a culture of safety,
inclusiveness, productivity and engagement through an array of
talent acquisition, employee engagement and employee relations
programs. The role will also contribute to the advancement of the
safety culture and drive for 0 incidents, and ensures safety
celebrations are present at the site. The incumbent will also
ensure formal and informal communication channels exist and
communication is consistent with site and company culture.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF
Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the
application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK
Keywords: CF Industries, Sioux City , Human Resources Manager, Other , Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!