Staff Pharmacist - Part Time
Company: Bickford Senior Living
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Independent long term care pharmacy (no retail) seeking
qualified staff pharmacist for part time (average 16 hours per
week) position. Position may grow to 40 hours per week based on
business needs. Please inquire for more details.
- Evaluates physician medication orders for appropriateness of
drug, dosage, potential interactions, and route of administration.
Makes recommendations for therapy changes to the physician and
facility staff as appropriate.
- Maintains patient/resident database to include appropriate
current and past medical history, appropriate clinical and
laboratory data, and concurrent medication (including
over-the-counter and home remedies).
- Ensures that appropriate laboratory tests for monitoring
certain high risk conditions are ordered, evaluated and discussed
with appropriate members of the healthcare team.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team to provide clinical and
technical support as needed.
- Documents all communication with physicians, nurses, other
members of the healthcare team and patients/residents and their
family members in the medical record.
- Implements policies and procedures for the safe procurement,
storage, distribution and use of drugs and biologicals, as well as
disposal of drugs.
- Obtains, as necessary, and maintains all required documentation
in accordance with federal and state regulatory agencies and
ValuMed Pharmacy policy.
- Informs the Pharmacy Manager of medication related errors.
- Assists facility/agency staff personnel with procedures
relating to safe and effective methods of procuring, maintaining,
administering and disposing of drugs.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement
- Performs other tasks assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's policies and procedures, applicable
federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Knowledge of pharmacy laws and federal and state regulations
concerning assisted living facilities
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical care practices for assisted living
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Bachelor's or Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy.
- Current and active pharmacist license in the State of
- One year experience in long-term care preferred.
Keywords: Bickford Senior Living, Sioux City , Staff Pharmacist - Part Time, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!