Hy-Chi Department Clerk
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Hy-Chi Department Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Hy-Chi Revision Date: 05/2018
As an Hy-Chi Department Clerk, this position will be responsible
for filling customer orders, handling food in a safe manner,
ordering and receiving products, making sure orders are correct,
and labeling dating, and putting product away. Additionally you
will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director;
Store Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Hy-Chi
Department Manager; Assistant Hy-Chi Department Manager; Assistant
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Takes customer orders at the Hy-Chi Department counter.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Reviews orders for the day.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for
- Ensures that an adequate food supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary.
- Pulls product from cooler/freezer to prepare for cooking.
- Checks in product, puts product away, and review invoices
- Runs the department register and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Washes dishes as necessary.
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices product for customers as necessary
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
High school or equivalent experience and six months or less of
similar or related experience.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from 20 inches or less to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, finger dexterity,
feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
This position is continually exposed to flour, dust, noise, and
temperature extremes. There is occasional exposure to cleaning
chemicals/solvents. This is a fast paced work environment with
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Oven, steamer, scale, big mixer, shrink wrap machine, Telexon
re-ordering machine, register, walk in cooler, knives, serving
cases, and C.A.R.S. system.
Has daily contact with internal customers and the general
public. Has weekly contact with suppliers/vendors. Has contact with
Federal/State Governmental or Regulatory Agencies as necessary.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux City , Hy-Chi Department Clerk, Other , Vermillion, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!