Ready Mixed Concrete Driver (Training Available) - Hartington, NE
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID: 270071
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer,
Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional
supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations
across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern
Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver
concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties. Don't
have a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)? We can help you obtain
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements
including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and
hours of service.
- Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday,
completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all
systems are functioning properly.
- Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
- Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive
- Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck
to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect
the drum for cleanliness.
- Adjusts the trailer axle pressure depending on the weight of
- Follows written and verbal instructions to include city street
maps and has the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
- Maneuvers the truck up to deliver concrete to the point of
- Assembles concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
- Moves hand and foot controls and understands and follows hand
signals while operating the truck.
- Cleans truck after loading and after delivery to prevent
concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
- Sprays surfaces of truck with acid compound to clean truck and
drum in accordance with company standards.
- Reads, understands and complies with the Safety Manual and
- Understands that attendance and punctuality are required each
day of work.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or enroll
in our CDL drivers course
- Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug
- AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
- Questions - Call 402-557-3850
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career
site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent
directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you
to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on
Date Posted: Jun 4, 2021
Keywords: CRH, Sioux City , Ready Mixed Concrete Driver (Training Available) - Hartington, NE, Other , Hartington, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!