RN Labor & Delivery
Company: UnityPoint Health
Location: Sioux City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Sioux City, IA
7p-7a every third weekend rotating holidays
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes
professional nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and
management of care to patients and their families. Maintains a
practice environment that reflects the ANA Code for Nurses,
Philosophy of Nursing at UnityPoint Health with in the structure of
the Professional Nurse Practice Model and in collaboration with
other care givers.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing
appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide
continuity of care.
- Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative
approach with the patient/family and health care team.
- Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal
record of patient's care.
- Delivers high quality care utilizing the nursing process while
demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty
required on assigned unit in accordance with established policies,
procedures and standards of care.
- Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial,
spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate
to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned
- Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare providers
and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of
- Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and
maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of
conditions of assigned patients.
Development & Patient Education
- Continues professional development and involvement in
professional activities that enhance nursing practice by sharing
knowledge through networking and research.
- Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the
patient's and their families' age specific needs, culture, gender,
readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide
- Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a
priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and
reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance
requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g.
Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any
questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate
action on concerns reported by department staff related to
- Graduate of accredited nursing program. BSN degree
- Prefer one year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated
- Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Registered
Nurse in Iowa.
- Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification or obtain certification within 30 days from date of
- Must possess and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
certification, and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
certification or obtain certification within six months from date
- Completion of one hour of stroke education prior to the end of
orientation and annually.
Keywords: UnityPoint Health, Sioux City , RN Labor & Delivery, Other , Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!