FSQ - Food Safety Coordinator
Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and
distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated
grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities
throughout our organization where you can enhance your career,
sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be
part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
The FSQ Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring
and maintaining the HACCP program for the Wakefield, NE facility.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work
rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as
a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities,
related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with
uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree in Science, Food Science or a related field;
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as
those listed above.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS::
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program knowledge with the ability to
achieve SQF Practitioner status.
- HACCP training and/or the ability to obtain HACCP
- Knowledge of products, HACCP principles that are critical to
the plant, microbiology and food processing machinery.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) training.
- Intermediate computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual
(English/Spanish) desired. Must demonstrate open and honest
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability
to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at
all levels including management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal
relationships and work effectively with others to complete work
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment
depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Sioux City , FSQ - Food Safety Coordinator, Other , Norfolk, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!