Seafood Service Clerk
Location: South Sioux City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Title: Seafood Service Clerk
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps,
trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Seafood
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Managers GM,
Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant Managers, Seafood
Manager; Assistant Seafood Manager
Positions that Report to you: None
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness,
then stocks cases or rotates product.
- Finishes display details including seafood for traying.
- Prepare and organize seafood items for display.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Replenishes and organizes the coolers.
- Reports out-of-stock products to appropriate personnel.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Prepares some signs for the department.
- Orders replenishment merchandise as directed by
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required; Food Safety
training; Six months previous related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near
range with or without correction, depth perception, color vision
(ability to identify and distinguish color), and field of
- Must be physically able to exert up to 85 pounds of force
(energy exerted) occasionally; exert up to 40 pounds of force
frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, handling, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing and repetitive motions.
This position is continually exposed to a cool environment and
dampness. There is frequent noise from the saws, exposure to
cleaning solvents, and possibility of electrical shock. This is a
fast paced work environment.
Knives, Grinders, Patty Maker, Slicer, Pallet jack, Tumbler, and
Deals with customers on a daily basis and vendors/suppliers on
an as needed basis.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Sioux City , Seafood Service Clerk, Other , South Sioux City, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!