Clinical Nurse- Urgent Care Sunnybrook
Monday- Friday, 8a-8p, (Set Schedule during the week) Rotating
Full-Time Benefits, 40 hours/ week
A key contributor when it comes to providing exceptional care to
our patients. Our nurses are one of the first encounters a patient
will have when coming to a clinic. From assisting patients with
their appointments, to taking vitals and building relationships,
our nurses are committed to focusing on each patient and providing
a great experience.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are
essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less
than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without
giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not
include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties
should be action oriented and avoid vague or general
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic
vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and
minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to
carry out assigned job duties.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples
from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning,
intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
- Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home
care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls
regarding patient's health and progress as necessary.
- Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or
- Place urinary catheters and IV per protocol and license.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient
as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or
requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including
appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Understand impatient and outpatient specialty procedures.
Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments
related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to
regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient's
electronic health record using standardized workflows and
- Supervision of delegated duties to LPN and CMA on approved
Development and Patient Education
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the
organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading
emails and regularly checking information on the organization's
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management
- Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all
policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance,
HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA
policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service
by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Provide education to patients and families using the Teach-back
method per protocols and guidelines.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and
objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute
to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to
facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
- Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of
Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety
- Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with
regular, reliable attendance.
- Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications
required for the position.
- Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and
other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
- Completes all annual education and competency requirements
within the calendar year.
- Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance
requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g.
Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any
questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate
attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate
action on concerns reported by department staff related to
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health's values in the
performance of job duties and responsibilities
- Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable
- Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and
- Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and
Own The Moment:
- Connect with each person treating them with courtesy,
compassion, empathy and respect
- Enthusiastically engage in our work.
- Accountable for our individual actions and our team
- Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
- Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
- Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
- Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and
celebrating our successes.
- Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
- Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our
- Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the
essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the
- Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
- Current license to practice nursing in the State of
Iowa/Illinois for Registered Nurse.
- High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex
- No previous clinical experience required beyond education
- Previous clinical experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential
functions of the position.