Electro Mechanical Technician
Company: Beef Products, Inc.
Location: south sioux city
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Electromechanical Technician South Sioux City, NE, USA Req
#2182 Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in
our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us
to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make
- Assist with projects and tasks associated with the installation
of new and test systems.
- Assist with implementation of equipment and instrumentation
related to the projects assigned.
- Assist with mechanical and process observation, fact finding,
communication of results, and recommend improvements or
- Responsible for and self-starts fact finding, and communication
required to improve, alter, or eliminate issues.
- Repair, service, adjust and test equipment such as air systems,
electrical wiring, electrical assemblies, and hardware.
- Assembles and disassembles equipment effectively and
efficiently while maintaining high maintenance and safety
standards. Assembles wires and electrical components, installs
electrical assemblies and hardware.
- Determines integrity of individual components such as: control
loops (ex: 4-20ma), instrumentation, PLC hardware, control power,
etc. to affect a quick repair for down equipment, processes, or
- Conduct end-to-end troubleshooting starting with power and
logic and ending with the input and output equipment or
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with other employees
to improve execution of tasks.
- Translates learnings from troubleshooting and downtime repair
to continuous improvement steps that eliminate the root cause.
- Will utilize both hand and power tools effectively while
maintaining high maintenance and safety standards.
- May operate forklifts, hoists, and other heavy equipment.
- Immediately reports and/or repairs any problems noted during
shift. Communicates across the organization as needed to allocate
- Will maintain the integrity of and follow all applicable
procedures and processes.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Focus areas will vary
dramatically depending on the type of operation. For example, a
distribution facility may require intensive knowledge of cranes,
where a production facility may require detailed knowledge of
automated vehicles, processing and food packaging equipment,
centrifuges, pumps, grinding systems, etc.
- Relevant mechanical and electrical/electronic background and
experience in servicing precision machine parts.
- Applies Standard Troubleshooting Approaches
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in written
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Position requires strong observation, analytical and evaluation
skills to report on and troubleshoot various types of precision
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
- Maintain knowledge of drawing, blueprints, schematics and
inspection manuals relevant to job.
- Qualified applicants must be self-directed and able to work
with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain certification to operate
material handling equipment (forklift, scissor lift, etc.).
- Compliance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching,
bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including
- Strong computer skills.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and
opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may
include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and
Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion,
national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company
prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for
employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability,
marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veterans status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.
- Job Family MS
- Job Function Electromechanical
- Pay Type Hourly
Apply Now Share this job:
Keywords: Beef Products, Inc., Sioux City , Electro Mechanical Technician, Other , south sioux city, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!