Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne Siouxland, we are dedicated to the well-being of
both our colleagues and the patients they serve. Elevating
patient-centered care comes from the efforts of all colleagues.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is
why our benefit package includes:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
About the job:
Under limited supervision, assists with identifying, developing,
providing, coordinating, and evaluating staff education activities
in keeping with MercyOne Medical Center's philosophy and goals.
What you will do:
- Supports the delivery of National Standards courses.
- Develops/secures instructional materials needed for
- Secures, uses, and maintains supplies and equipment for use
with courses/programs/ activities while managing departmental
resources to ensure cost effective delivery of projects and
- Teaches classes, provides individual instruction, facilitates
in-service ideas to staff members to develop and teach.
- Establishes/maintains attendance and other records as required
by accrediting bodies.
- Carries out evaluation of each program/project including
collecting, recording and reporting statistical data.
- Assists with identification of concerns and educational needs
of MercyOne system. Assists with developing, providing,
coordinating, and evaluating the goals and objectives of staff
development and continuing education programs.
What we are looking for:
- Requires certification as an American Heart Association
Instructor (ACLS, PALS and BLS) and/or TNCC Instructor.
- Experience with adult learning preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
Why MercyOne Siouxland?
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center
that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region an entire
continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare
services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only
Level II trauma center in western Iowa - one of only four trauma
care facilities in the state to receive verification from the
American College of Surgeons - and MercyOne Air Med, a regional
helicopter ambulance service.
About MercyOne and Trinity Health
We are MercyOne: a connected system of health care facilities
and services dedicated to helping you and your community live your
More than 20,000 colleagues strong, our care providers and staff
make your health and happiness their highest priority, so you can
get well-and stay well. With 420 care locations, our clinics,
medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home,
allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities
across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne Siouxland is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of
the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our
network spans 22 states, 94 hospitals and 133,000 colleagues
The MercyOne Mission Defines Us:
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate,
healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our
Our timeless values guide us:
- Commitment to the Poor
MercyOne Cultural Beliefs Direct Us:
- Be ONE: I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
- Personalize Care: Your experience. My responsibility.
- Own It!: I own my actions to deliver our key results.
- Improve Daily: I make improvements every day for those we serve
including each other.
- Innovate: I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize
MercyOne Siouxland and all its affiliates are proud to be equal
opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification
protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.